1 of 1
{/paginate}
Town in Norway to open mysterious 100-year-old package
Posted: 24 August 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Residents of a town in central Norway are eager to learn what’s inside a mysterious package sealed since 1912.

The nearly seven-pound package was left behind by Sel’s former mayor Johan Nygaard with the disclaimer that the parcel “be opened in 2012,” the Local reports. The town plans to open the sealed and bound package on Friday.

source

It will probably be very disappointing.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 24 August 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Well, if he actually sealed a document saying (in correct Mayan) that christmas 2012… will be something we´ll remember….

Anyway, 6 o´clock… I´ll be watching.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 24 August 2012 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

I say it’s a repair docket for a pair of leather shoes. And they’ll be ready the Tuesday after the box is opened.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 24 August 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Going Live at 6 o´clock European Time

Show has started (17.30), bringing in the “Package”.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 24 August 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Package seems to contain a lot of envelopes with correspondence. Notes on a commitee involving a memorial.
Postcards from all over the place(s).
That´s about it.

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 26 August 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14
Unfairly Balanced - 24 August 2012 11:47 AM

Package seems to contain a lot of envelopes with correspondence. Notes on a commitee involving a memorial.
Postcards from all over the place(s).
That´s about it.

And people were expecting something more?  This was from 100 years ago.  Totally different mindset about such stuff today.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}