1 of 1
{/paginate}
Microsoft (OMG. Egg on my face)
Posted: 09 August 2012 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

I need my new laptop to finish my university degree. I felt like going on to Facebook to have an angry rant about Microsoft today. I’m trying to get my homework done and Microsoft Access 2010 wont let me edit the file and “”“AGAIN”“”” it wants my product key. The rest of Microsoft Office 2010 stopped asking me for it. But even now that I’ve put in the product key it still wont work.

I think I’ve ranted on Microsoft before (was it this forum). I lost over half an hour because the software I actually own won’t work for me. I’m having to look up a fix for it. At the time I had to pack up my laptop and go to one of the computers in a student lab at university to get the work done.

I was really so ready to get angry on Facebook about Microsoft. Maybe I’m too polite for my own good? Maybe it would’ve been a waste of time anyway.

I wish I could just use my MacBook Pro. Even the version of Microsoft Office (2011) on that seems to have less bugs. I have to use this Windows laptop to finish my university degree and unfortunately there is no version of Microsoft Access for the Mac. There is a database program for the Mac called Bento, which I own, but it’s not suitable for my assignment unfortunately.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 09 August 2012 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

OMG I just found a possible answer to my problem. I was given a copy of Microsoft Home and Student, which doesn’t include the license for Microsoft Access, which looks like was only a trial version.

OMG.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 09 August 2012 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Wow Peter!  I’ve been doing this kind of stuff with computers for many years though since I began using Vydec in 1979!  I’d type a document, then sit waiting for the stupid thing to print…..waiting….......waiting…......... and am ready to call the techs, then epiphany:  I haven’t pressed the ‘print document’ button yet.  (In the case of the big HUGE vydec printers, I’d sometimes forgotten to put a new ribbon in…......

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 August 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

For all the youngsters: 
1979 vydec 1400 wp system the best selling full page display

The floopy disks were HUGE too, I think they were about 8 inches by 8 inches.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 August 2012 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 09 August 2012 06:29 AM

For all the youngsters: 
1979 vydec 1400 wp system the best selling full page display

The floopy disks were HUGE too, I think they were about 8 inches by 8 inches.

That’s it. I’m by a Vydec 1400, with a floopy disk. What more could I want?

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 09 August 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Hey!  No jokes, I was mesmerized by these and used them for about 8 years HAHAHA!!!  Then Compaq computers came out designed to be ‘portable’ but you had to use a hand-pulled dolly anyway HAHAHAHAHA!!!    That thing weighed 28-30 pounds (13.60 kilograms).  Vydec though required a moving van LOL!!!

Signature 

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}