Loch Ness Monster hunter has new photo he says may prove existence of ‘Nessie’ ...
Posted: 06 August 2012 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

YAY!! cheese

News Link

A man who has hunted the Loch Ness Monster for nearly three decades believes he has snagged the best photograph of - and some important new information on - the legendary creature.

George Edwards, a devoted Nessie hunter who leads searches for the monster with his Loch Ness Cruise business in Drumnadrochit, Scotland, just publically released a photograph of a gray creature with a mysterious hump schlepping toward Urquhart Castle.

“I’m convinced I was seeing Nessie as I believe in these creatures. Far too many people have being seeing them for far too long,” he told the Inverness Courier.

After watching what he says was the monster for 5 to 10 minutes from his boat, the Nessie Hunter IV, Edwards says the animal descended beneath the loch’s famously deep, dark waters.

“I hung around for a good half an hour and used the deep scanning sonar to try and pick it up, but I’m afraid I had no luck at all,” he told the paper.

The Courier reports the man took the photograph in November of last year but felt that he should wait to go public with the picture.

“I did not want to mention my sighting until I was sure that I had not photographed a log or something inanimate in the water,” he said. “I have friends in the U.S.A. who have friends in the military.”

Those friends analyzed Edwards’ picture, and, according to him, “have no doubt” that he photographed an “animate” object in the water.

“I was really excited as I am sure that some strange creatures are lurking in the depths of Loch Ness,” he told the local paper.

Although he says this doesn’t necessarily prove the monster’s existence, it does give hunters some ammunition against naysayers.

The photograph “does prove what Nessie isn’t — a sturgeon, which is a fish that has been put forward as one of the main explanations as to what Nessie could be but this hasn’t got a serrated spine like the sturgeon,” he said.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 06 August 2012 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

grin

It’s our friend!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 06 August 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06

The object on the picture looks rather small.

I’d love to see a full resolution version, to evaluate the “no spines—-> no sturgeon” argument.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 06 August 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8164
Joined  2005-02-06

And of course, there is this unrefutable proof we took ourselves a year ago wink

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 06 August 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

That’s a horrible photoshop job Lama.  It’s obvious you pasted yourself into the picture and were never even at Loch Ness.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 06 August 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26038
Joined  2004-11-08

He doesn’t seem to have changed much.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 06 August 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah.. I saw that picture.. and I have to agree, the object looks VERY small, from the ripples around it. Of course, it’s cropped so ONLY the object shows, so we have no sense of scale.. just like the Surgeon’s Photo.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?