3 of 7
July 1st - Happy Canada Day
Posted: 21 July 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

Oh yeah Gray THAT will be grand fun!!!  I used to do a lot of snorkeling on the Mediterranean….lose sense of time and by the time I’d come back to the real world I would be FAR FAR off shore and had drifted in the currents to the right or left as well.  Loved it though!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 26 July 2012 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2007-03-14

Well the weekend is over (and a couple of extra days) and I managed to survive my dive course.  I am now a certified Advanced Open Water diver with Drysuit Certification tossed in for posterity.  I actually got in 6 dives over the weekend.  it was a lot of fun even if the scenery in the lake was nothing spectacular.  Now I can go diving pretty much whenever I want wherever I want.  It will just be a matter of finding the time to actually do it now.  lol

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 27 July 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9078
Joined  2008-03-03

Very cool, Gray!  I’ve always wanted to try scuba diving—it’s a whole other world underwater!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 29 July 2012 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2007-03-14

It is.  And the life along the coast in the north is just as fascinating as down in the tropics.  Not much in the freshwater lakes though.  However there are places wehre there are some good wrecks to dive on.  Mostly in the Great Lakes area. 

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 03 August 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

*...Wanders in…* blank stare
*...Dusts off keypad for Medlockers and enters old code…*
cool hmm
*CLICK*cool smirk
cheese
*Wanders towards the kitchen with armload of “Better Living Nutrients”...* cool grin

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 05 August 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-17

Wow. Three days since the latest Nessie “proof” came out and it hasn’t even scratched the surface here. I’ve been holding off expecting Alex to post it on the main page. Guess he’s had a busy weekend. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 06 August 2012 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

It’s the heat, Tah. His keyboard probably melted… gulp  LOL

Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

*sigh*

I have had a miserable week.

So.. Last monday (not today) I hear that the mother fo a friend of mine has lost her battle with cancer. Not unexpected, but sad.
Wednesday, my car ran out of gas. Fuel gauge is unreliable, and I seem to have a leak, because I should have half again as many miles on a full tank.
Thursday, the check I wrote three weeks ago finally gets deposited. I don’t find about this until later.
Friday, I get more news about the manager of the hotel, who has also been battling cancer. Renal failure. Visit now. I visit. It’s heartbreaking.
Saturday, I recieve a call from their family. She had passed about 12 hours after I visited.
Sunday, I had planned to go to the Ren Faire in San Jose. Turns out that the combined late check and filling the tank put me over. I have eight bucks to my name.
Today, rent is due, and paychecks are late.

So yeah, not in my happy place lately.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 August 2012 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9078
Joined  2008-03-03

Ugh, Robin.  So sorry to hear about your losses.  *hugs*  Wish I could help with the other stuff.  Know that we’re thinking of you, and hoping things look up soon!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 07 August 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

I’m sorry you are in a thin place right now, Robin.
Time will turn and things will get better, but that helps little in the moment I know. *Manly Hugs* smile

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

Well done, gray!

Robin, I’m sorry everythung’s so sucky right now. *hugs*

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

3 of 7