2 of 4
May 18 - International Museum Day
Posted: 27 May 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Hurgh.. wow.. Just woke up. horrific nightmares. Think my brain is trying to kill me.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 27 May 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2007-03-14

I know that feeling.  Mine is just a bowl of mush right now.  Anything requiring intelligent thought is likely to get put on hold for the time being.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 27 May 2012 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

Nightmares of magnitude and mush suck.  I hesitate to ask what the nightmares were about though….those have a habit at times, of sticking around a bit.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 May 2012 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
hulitoons - 27 May 2012 09:44 PM

Nightmares of magnitude and mush suck.  I hesitate to ask what the nightmares were about though….those have a habit at times, of sticking around a bit.

The most lucid bit of it involved an unholy mashup of Dr Suess and Tim Burton, and the horrifying explanation of where gummi bears actually come from.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 28 May 2012 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

From the outside, that sounds rather funny, if rather bizarre.  I hate it when my unconscious/subconscious mind gang up and do that to me, too.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Kind of like my dream about the poor ‘brain-ards’  But in truth, you see that gummy bears ARE indeed one of the sticky stuff that sticks around…

The Brain-ards were still living human heads that were floating in a vat of water at a sort of farmers market.  Their skulls had openings cut into them and the vender sold scoops of their brains to customers.  Every time one of the heads had more brains scooped out, you could tell how much of their brain was still viable by the sagging expression on their faces (the more brain lost the more they sagged).

I was VERY glad to wake from that dream…...........

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, thankfully my nightmares tend to be of the ‘creeping psychological horror’ sort, rather than ‘wake up sweating and screaming’ sort. One problem I have is that my dreams always seem to repeat. Not immediately, but I’ll have the same dream again about a month later. This lends certain advantages - if Im lucid enough I can try and snap out of it, or dream about something else. However, this lends a good amount of foreboding to things and gets really nasty at times.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I do know what you mean Robin.  I also understand that dreams are supposed to be the brain’s way of solving, understanding or looking at conditions in the waking world, but there are times when they are only incredible puzzles.  I think repeating ones are more like having hiccups one time because you’ve been startled, but another time a reaction to laughing.

I have had repetitive dreams that have scored over a period of decades too.

In one uncomfortable dream I’m being stalked and pursued by an unusually enormous lion or tiger through a building.  I always go upward until I have reached the top floor and have no other path of escape.

In another I am in a house along side a river or other body of water watching a tsunami approach, holding on for dear life as the building sways, the foundation turns to thick and soupy mud and slips into the mass of churning water, heaving this way and that while the entire structure begins to simply disintegrate beneath me.

In another I am in a city.  The sky is crystal blue and clear except there are multiple, dense, drilling tornadoes approaching from 6 different directions carving canyons as they come.  Everyone is screaming and running for shelter but nothing can stop the zigzagging approach of these untiring monsters.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Saw this: thought of Acci -

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2007-03-14

Yep, that would be Acci.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 30 May 2012 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

LOL  Dammit, where’s the “like” button.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

2 of 4