2 of 2
{/paginate}
What did I violate???
Posted: 30 March 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Peter, I already pay every month for my lycos/tripod site, and I pay every five years for my domain (which comes from a company there in Australia).  My yahoo e-mail account is where all accounts like my Amazon, and a number of other online stores etc. are centered and have been for over a decade.  Changing this with all associated businesses would become a mess.  I hadn’t realized that any time I answered anything (not just on that forum) but comments to current news articles etc. by Yahoo were also linked to ‘communities’ ALSO hooked to that forum. 

I kept getting e-mails marked as being from ‘Yahoo’ and subjected:  Yahoo Updates that I always had just deleted as flotsam.  Yesterday, being annoyed, I opened one and discovered that my comment left earlier that day on a news article concerning guns (apparently also associated with the Tavon shooting in Florida) had received a number of replies just to my own comment.  I can then assume that all the other Yahoo Updates also were replies to comments I had posted on other news or opinion articles. 

I am thinking that if my name is googled these would be part of the listing.  I know that ‘hulitoons’ pulls up to I think 20 or more pages.  I’m pretty easy to locate.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 30 March 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-10-06
Mr R - 30 March 2012 03:51 AM

I suspect this may be the relevant bit they consider that you violated:

Posting filler answers to a question in an effort to be first to answer, or copying and pasting other members’ answers, are also forms of cheating.

I’m sure this is the one.

Unless they assumed you had found out online that there is no such thing as an old man, and were angry that you didn’t cite your sources…

Signature 

When people ask “How are you?”, I usually reply “Reasonably confident of survival in the medium term”. They tend not to delve deeper.

Posted: 30 March 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

You may be right even though I did none of these nor have I ever (to my conscious knowledge) seen that phrasing before.  However, understanding that none of us are unique, I’m sure the idea has been suggested even hundreds of years ago.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 30 March 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

This warning was just added this morning on Yahoo Answers:  http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylt=ApVjd4F.tVYhibcHp0TldMYXxgt.;_ylv=3

Changes to Community Moderation deletions

With accurate reports, reliable Answers users increase their trust and gain more influence in removing content directly. On the other hand, people who report inaccurately will see their reputation quickly decrease and will have less power.

Today, we’re introducing a small change to the penalties for content removed by the community. Similar to what happens with the traditional deletions by customer care, abusers will now be deducted 10 points for each question or answer removed by the community.

I am now wondering if a stream of unwarranted and deliberate ‘reports’ have been detected….

Signature 

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}