6 of 8
Happy Nawroz (New Year’s Day )  Lesotho,Tajikistan, Afghanistan
Posted: 20 April 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Fun times over here.. Armed burglary, carjacking, shots fired at police. Thankfully it’s 10 miles away over in West Sacramento. Bad news is, the entire Causeway - one of the major arteries into Sacramento - is shut down hard while the police look for the guy. Yeesh.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 April 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

Yeesh indeed! Is the road open yet?

The Mousling and I made a white chocolate and raspberry loaf cake today, but it way overflowed the tin and I don’t know why - it was the size given in the recipe. A lot of the mix spilled over and burnt on the bottom of the oven, so the stupid smoke alarm went off… rolleyes

It tastes good, though, and tomorrow we’ll put white chocolate frosting on it.  smile

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 20 April 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah.. they just reopened it about an hour ago… The guy had snuck through the cordon by stealing a tractor and going across the farmland. He then ambushed a birdwatcher, stole his car, which was found in a mall parking lot…

Still, he apparently left behind a bunch of evidence at the scene of the original burglary.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 21 April 2012 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 20 April 2012 04:32 PM

Still, he apparently left behind a bunch of evidence at the scene of the original burglary.

Ah, so you left behind some false leads for the police so that they won’t catch you?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 21 April 2012 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, actually, as updates go: The police caught up to him, he’s dead now. Pretty epic situation, though

Brief rundown of events:

Folks go to open their motor repair business, find someone rummaging through it. Shots are fired, they flee. Police show up, get shot at. Guy carjacks a white van, crashes it at the entrance to one of the major choke points of Sacramento. Police cordon the entire freeway off, during rush hour, for six hours. During this time, he’s hotwired a tractor, and toodles it up the river road. Finds a guy doing some birding, whacks him on the head, steals his car and crashes it. The police let up the barricade, and search in the area. He carjacks a third car, and drives it to an apartment complex, where he holes up. Police surround the place, he starts a fire. With the fire being a nasty danger, the police try to get him to surrender.. unsuccessfully.

Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured in the whole mess. It could have gone VERY badly.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/21/4431321/carjacking-gunman-eludes-massive.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=scinlineshare

Signature 

Posted: 22 April 2012 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

Yikes, Robin! gulp

I thought I would get back in the habit of dropping back in every morning. Sorry I’ve been awol for so long.  Been dealing with some issues here.red face

Oh well, life goes on! smile

I hope everyone is happy-healthy-fine. cheese

*...Wanders off for a short nap…*

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 22 April 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17

*grabs a quick hug of Dave before he goes to sleep*

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 23 April 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

Saying Hi and thank you to everyone who voiced concern.  I just have to start being more careful about what I read, watch and discussions of debate.  Like my father especially, I am given to physical responses to ‘anguish’ (heart, anxiety, blood pressure etc.) and I need to start being more careful.  I react more the way small children do to some kinds of movies or stories and while I enjoy good debates, they often press me over the edge so I have to shut some things, or close some doors. 

I have been drawing excessively again which is grand fun and shopping online….okay, VERY good therapy!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 23 April 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Yay! Much hugs!

Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit more relaxed. We missed you.

Signature 

Posted: 23 April 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17

*hugs Huli*

We missed you. smile

Signature 

Research Mod

- The Watchtower

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 23 April 2012 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

It’s nice to be back in the world again…..................I’ve spent way too much on internet shopping but it was fun!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

6 of 8