3 of 4
February 29th - Happy Leap Day!
Posted: 11 March 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

Crafty, these programs are brilliant too and VERY helpful to those who otherwise wouldn’t be able to go to school…...Think about how many minds we waste every year!  I depended on grants too.  One, can’t remember which now, I would have had to pay back if my grade average fell below a B.  I’m sort of glad now that I didn’t know that!!!

Gray, I bet smoked stuff really tastes great too.  I’ve never owned a smoker…is it a complicated process?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 11 March 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

A friend of mine makes jerky sometimes, but he doesn’t have a smoker. I’ll have to ask him how he does it.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 11 March 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21

Doesn’t need to be smoked, just dried.

My mother used to make fruit leathers all the time. Good stuff. Dad would take them when going on long bike rides.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 11 March 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9079
Joined  2008-03-02

We’ve got a dehydrator, but we don’t use it nearly enough.  Shame, really, because I love dried fruit and jerky!  The hard part (for us, anyhow) is slicing the fruit evenly and not drying it for too long.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 19 March 2012 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5511
Joined  2007-03-14

Hmmm, it’s been about 9 days since anyone posted in the thread.  I think I’ll ruin the record and post just for the heck of it. smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 March 2012 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

My brain’s been really broken recently.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 19 March 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9079
Joined  2008-03-02

I’m still busy with school.  I spent a couple of nights last week working until midnight on edits for The Rook, the school’s literary magazine.  And there’s (hopefully only) one more edit left before we send it in by the end of this week.  If we get it in by then, we should have it back by graduation, which is what we’re shooting for.  And this week I’ve got 3 midterms and a paper due. gulp  So, yeah, pretty busy around here!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 20 March 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16

I’ve been very busy at work with the training for the new computer system (went live yesterday) and trying to get my regular work done. And tomorrow we leave on vacation for a week.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 20 March 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

And I’ve been busy with partial training of a second minion at work.  The first minion took care of a good portion of training yesterday.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 20 March 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21

Minions are always a fine thing.

Work has been quiet, especially since the loudmouthed, toxic co-worker has been let go. Still, it’s a bit tense as the manager’s prognosis is unknown at this time. The doctors removed a LOT of tumors and one kidney, drained off three *gallons* of fluid. Since she’s the only one who knows how everything works here, it’s getting a little problematic. The owner has tried to help, but every time he does, we have to spend twice as long putting it back the way it was before he showed up.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 March 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

Ouch…never good when the only person who knows how to run the place is away, no matter the reason why they’re away.  That’s why I’ve now got minions - so I’m not the only one who knows how to do my job.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

3 of 4