{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
I’m looking for another pseudoscience/hoax site
Posted: 13 February 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2011-07-04

So, yeah. I guess there are other threads like this in the forums, but I haven’t looked through all of the Off-Topic and Links subforums and I’m not sure what string of words to Search for…sorry.

I’ve read all of the main page, all of the jokes subforum, all the intriguing threads in the Hoaxes and Conspiracy subforum (including the 9/11 one…twice) and the News subforum until about page 30. I was wondering if there are any other sites or blogs like this - about fascinating or odd topics, as looked through a sceptic, but not condemning, eye? So far I’m only aware of Snopes and MOH. I know there are sites like BadPhysics and Quackwatch, but they don’t really fit my spectrum of interests. I was really hoping to find something about oddities, hoaxes, urban legends and/or cryptids or paranormal phenomena. Basically something like Cryptomundo but with more articles and a less delusional fanbase.

Help me on my quest to find entertainment?

Posted: 13 February 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

Have you tried the Museum’s sister sites, Weird Universe and the Mad Science Museum?  They’re slightly different than just the hoaxes and conspiracy stuff here.  Weird Universe is done in partnership with Alex and a couple of other guys who are into the bizarre stuff.  Mad Science Museum was set up by Alex purely for all the weird science stuff he’s researched over the past few years while producing his last two books.

Also, if you dare to tread dangerous corridors, you could always venture into our old forum...

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 13 February 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2011-07-04

Thanks. I’ve read the Weird Science Museum, but Weird Universe was news to me. Currently trying to make sense of the old forums. They seem to be a lot more…light-hearted than the new ones, aren’t they?

Posted: 13 February 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Cliodna - 13 February 2012 08:40 AM

Thanks. I’ve read the Weird Science Museum, but Weird Universe was news to me. Currently trying to make sense of the old forums. They seem to be a lot more…light-hearted than the new ones, aren’t they?

The old forum always makes me wonder what happened to Hairy Houdini.

He was quite a character…

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}