1 of 1
{/paginate}
UPDATE: Case Closed on Prank by Vermont inmates adorns decals
Posted: 03 February 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

How did an image of a pig — the infamous ’60s-era epithet by protesters for police officers — wind up on a decal used on as many as 30 Vermont State Police cruisers?

State officials Thursday pointed to the failure of the quality assurance office within the Vermont Correctional Industries Print Shop in St. Albans to detect a prisoner-artist’s addition made four years ago to the traditional state police logo. A spot on the shoulder of the cow in the state emblem was modified into a pig.

An investigation has begun into how the computer program was improperly modified to insert the image, Vermont Corrections Commissioner Andy Pallito said.

Vermont Public Safety Commissioner Keith Flynn told the Burlington Free Press Thursday that he became aware of the alteration earlier in the day and has asked Pallito for an explanation.

The story about the pig on the state police emblem was first reported in a copyrighted story on the Burlington Free Press website Thursday afternoon.

State officials attempted to strike a balance between concern over the situation and acknowledgement of the humor involved.

State Senate President Pro Tempore John Campbell, D-Windsor, said he expects people to study the state police cruisers more carefully now.

“It’s going to be ‘Where’s Porky?’ instead of ‘Where’s Waldo?’” said Campbell, who was a police officer in Florida before he became a lawyer.

Major William Sheets, executive officer for the Vermont State Police, said he expects his department also will be more vigilant to inspect ordered items when they arrive.

“It is fair to say the quality control will be improved at the Corrections Department and at the Vermont State Police,” Sheets said.

Pallito said initial indications are that a computer program at the Northwest State Correctional Facility was modified in 2008. In 2009, an order for the 16-inch decals was sent to state police.

He said the corrections employee, who was not named, inspects print work before it leaves the St. Albans prison. He said the person accepting delivery for state police also failed to detect the change.

The real flag:

And what they got:

UPDATE BELOW.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 04 February 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

That looks more like a cow to me

Oh wait, I see it

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 04 February 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Took me two looks too, it´s very subtile.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 17 February 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Police close case on altered Vt State police decals

It’s case closed on a Vermont prison prank that made national headlines.

Someone altered an image of the state seal, inserting pigs into the artwork displayed on Vt. State police cruisers.

State officials say female inmates at the prison work center in Windsor are responsible for altering the state seal back in November 2009, putting pigs on the side of Vt. State police cruisers, but exactly who did it may remain a mystery.

“At this point all we can tell is how many women had access to the file, and who they were,” Corrections Commissioner Andy Pallito says. “Really being able to tell who manipulated the file last is virtually impossible without somebody stepping forward and saying I did it.”

It may be case closed on the investigation, but one group is hoping to keep the image alive. They’ve created a Facebook page called “Save the Vermont Pigs,” and now they have upwards of 1,000 fans.

“It is a really good opportunity for us to band together as Vermonters and show that we can have a laugh in a little bit of an awkward situation, and it is certainly not the first time we have done that,” says Cid Sinclair with Save the Vermont Pigs.

Sinclair says this was an amazing prank and says it could be used to do some good. He would like to see the decals auctioned off—an idea that has the support of Lt. Governor Phil Scott. He says he loves the idea.

“My point is when you are dealt lemons you make lemonade,” says Scott, R-Vermont.

“I’m tickled, obviously, that he is supporting the idea anyway,” Sinclair says.

We reached out to the Vermont State police multiple times for comment on Lt. Gov Phil Scott’s support of the Save the Vermont Pigs movement. They say they will not issue a statement, and the remaining decals have been destroyed.

But some can still be seen riding around. Wednesday we spotted a State police car with a pig still on it. And Scott says he hopes some can be saved.

“I understand you cannot take the decals off of the vehicles without ruining them. So maybe we could even take the doors off completely and auction off the doors themselves,” he says.

Both men mentioned the incredible role police and rescue officials played in picking up the pieces after Irene, and would like to see any money raised used to continue their efforts.

“I would like to donate any money we raise out of this thing to Hurricane Irene relief funds. Our neighbors are still suffering months later,” Sinclair says.

Scott says the original act was disrespectful, but—with a smile on his face he said—now it’s their turn to laugh.

“We cannot let them win and if you let it bother you then they’ve won,” Scott says.

Pallito says only one of the inmates in question is still in prison. They say if anyone admits to doing it—any criminal charges would come from the State police.

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 23 February 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

“At this point all we can tell is how many women had access to the file, and who they were,” Corrections Commissioner Andy Pallito says. “Really being able to tell who manipulated the file last is virtually impossible without somebody stepping forward and saying I did it.”

..And I’m sure one of these women will be stepping right up to take credit… and even more jail time. hmmm  rolleyes

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 23 February 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15
Unfairly Balanced - 03 February 2012 03:54 PM

The image on the right on the cow looks like a person’s head staring at the pig. I wonder if that’s part of the joke.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}

‹‹ I am a watermelon doll...      Impersonations ››