2 of 3
Happy New Year! My semi-annual quiz: WTHIT? (aka Who The Hell Is This?) Celebrity pics with a twist
Posted: 06 January 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

Thank you Robin!  I really don’t know who Russell Brand is really though I’m sure Erik probably doesl… now realize I have seen snippits of him in trailers for the Arthur remake, and have no idea which voice he was in Despicable Me.

So ‘WOW’ doesn’t apply to him as far as I’m concerned…...............................blaaaa

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 January 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

Ah, of course!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 06 January 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16
hulitoons - 06 January 2012 07:21 AM

So ‘WOW’ doesn’t apply to him as far as I’m concerned…...............................blaaaa

The wow was more for the contrast in that long-ago picture to what he looks like now, not him specifically. If I was going to wow someone it would more than likely be his (soon-to-be ex-)wife.

And he was Dr. Nefario in Despicable Me.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 06 January 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

so ........... !

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 January 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21

Eeeyup.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 January 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8446
Joined  2006-02-28
hulitoons - 05 January 2012 11:15 PM

No way does this young man look anything like Chubby Checker ( vs.

I don’t know… I personally would still have a hard time making a choice if I wasn’t REALLY concentrating on facial features and such…. it is not such a stretch of the imagination.  I know I did not find the correct photo, so I wasn’t sure in what context the article Tobster was talking about, but that is not uncommon for the internet, but you people figured it out that it was someone else from the web address of the photo (and I thought that he would have rehosted the picture - My bad for not checking that… ...) I am adult enough to admit I was wrong - The reason for my answers was that he said “Chubby” and made reference to “twist” (Chubby Checker’s most reconizable hit) in the title to throw a few people off (like me).

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 06 January 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I knew it was Russell Brand.  One of the few straight, anorixic (or former) straight males.  He’s talked about his anorexia quite a bit.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 07 January 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16
oppiejoe - 06 January 2012 04:49 PM

but you people figured it out that it was someone else from the web address of the photo (and I thought that he would have rehosted the picture - My bad for not checking that… ...)

That’s not it at all. Tobester did re-host the picture. What we did was take the URL of the picture and paste it in Google Image search. That takes the picture and finds other instances of it on the web. Quite the handy dandy little feature that works in ways I have no hope of comprehending.

And I think Chubby Checker was a good first guess based on the red herring clues and a quick glance at the photos together. But once you look closer at the pictures it’s evident it’s not him.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 07 January 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

And under the tutelage of our educated friends here….........all the rest of us have become ever so clever….....

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8446
Joined  2006-02-28

Oh… well, it didn’t quite look right to me either and it did seem like he was giving it away too easy (perhaps as clues for the non-North American members).

*spoiled rotten brat voice* Not gonna play anymore!!! downer

(No worries.. I WILL be tring to figure out the next one)

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 08 January 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Oppie, the game can be fun if you’re the one who breaks and claims the first balls or if you know the advantage goes your way.  When Tobe (or any of us) begins these (who is this) however, he is not a game participant, he merely sets the game up, steps back and sort of watches what others will do with the bait.  And take it (the bait) we do!

Signature 

2 of 3