The REAL reason ESP tests fail…
Posted: 09 December 2011 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21

So apparently the psychic community has had trouble with producing verfiable results. Does this mean that ESP doesn’t exist? Of course not! What it means is that skeptical researchers are influencing the results with their own psychic powers!

https://chronicle.com/blogs/percolator/wait-maybe-you-cant-feel-the-future/27984

We have, of course, heard this argument from psychics before. The rebuttal is simple. If your psychic powers will not function in the presence of skeptics, what you have is a skeptic detector. Being verifiably able to detect skepticism is ALSO a valid display of psychic powers. I think even the JREF would hand over the cash if that could be proven.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 09 December 2011 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

“a skeptic detector”

Hmmmm… let me see… a battery, some wires, ohm meter, capacity meter, resistance meter (all with adequate markings) lights.
Et voila resell price 299,99.

And if you say “it will never work”  will only prove the idea alone allready works.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 09 December 2011 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21
Unfairly Balanced - 09 December 2011 06:56 AM

“a skeptic detector”

Hmmmm… let me see… a battery, some wires, ohm meter, capacity meter, resistance meter (all with adequate markings) lights.

And if you say “it will never work”  will only prove the idea alone allready works.

Ah, but how do you prevent it from picking up landmines, underground currents, and dolphin telepathy?

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 09 December 2011 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27
Robin Bobcat - 09 December 2011 07:05 AM

Ah, but how do you prevent it from picking up landmines, underground currents, and dolphin telepathy?

Faith.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 10 December 2011 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5511
Joined  2007-03-14
Robin Bobcat - 09 December 2011 07:05 AM
Unfairly Balanced - 09 December 2011 06:56 AM

“a skeptic detector”

Add an ammeter and filter network that will eliminate spurious emissions from unrelated physical sources.    Tune the filter network to the resonant frequency of human esp and you should be all set.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website