2 of 2
Mixed feelings about rain
Posted: 29 November 2011 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2007-03-14

Our weather has been unseasonably warm for this time of year.  I have a feeling it’s about to end though, they have forecast about 10 cm of snow for tonight.  I’ll be curious to hear the accident report for the roads tomorrow.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 29 November 2011 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9078
Joined  2008-03-03

We’re being threatened with snow for tomorrow.  I’m not looking forward to it at all.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 29 November 2011 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17

You could all come visit me.  We’ll be in the mid 50’s and mid 40s for the lows (F), or (12.2 celcius for the high and 6.6 celcius for the low) sunshine.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 30 November 2011 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

Around here, we’re fogged-in. We have a particular sort of fog, unique to this area, known as Tule Fog, for the tule marshes it orginates in. It’s very dense, and rises from the ground up, forming a thick white blanket. Some mornings, it’ll only be three feet thick, but it’s usually enough to be a hazard to traffic.

It gets especially bad out by Fairfield, where it is both dense and patchy. You will be driving along at night, with the stars glittering,t he moon shining, and not a care in the world.. when suddenly everything outside your windshield goes white. Fun times there.

Amusingly, on the really low/dense days, the field outside the hotel will be blanketed, and the jackrabbits that live there will hop about, making it so that all you see is little ears moving through a sea of mist..

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 30 November 2011 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2005-04-17
Robin Bobcat - 30 November 2011 05:09 AM

.... the jackrabbits that live there will hop about, making it so that all you see is little ears moving through a sea of mist..

now that’s a darling visual!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 01 December 2011 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2007-03-14

Well, we did get our snow the other day.  However I’m not sure it’s going to last.  The temperature is forecast to go up to about 10 by mid next week.  That would be almost unheard of for this time of year and will do a wonderful job getting rid of the snow.  I’m also betting that a couple of days after that we’ll be somewhere around -20.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 01 December 2011 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Here the weather is also influencing emotions, but more in the line of driving people crazy.  It’s being too variable.  One day’s lows will be far above the next day’s highs, and then it will switch right back again.  It will be a totally clear blue sky one day, then the next day it will be heavy rain or sleet.  About a third of the trees here are currently gone dormant, a third are in their Autumn phase, and a third are putting out new leaves or even flowers.  Hopefully we’ll settle into some proper Winter weather and stay with that for a good long while before too long.

Smerk - 25 November 2011 09:25 PM

And while the rain is good, it is kinda sad that it’s nearly summer and I’ve not had much opportunity to break out the summer gear.

Egad!  Yes, we need to have you out and about to be seen in those Summer shirts of yours!  Indeed!  big surprise

Ummmm. . .so you can recharge your freckles with solar power.  Yeah.  That’s why.  Yep.  cheese

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 December 2011 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
hulitoons - 30 November 2011 06:57 AM
Robin Bobcat - 30 November 2011 05:09 AM

.... the jackrabbits that live there will hop about, making it so that all you see is little ears moving through a sea of mist..

now that’s a darling visual!

It really is - I want to see photos!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

2 of 2