3 of 5
{/paginate}
October 17 - Family Day!!!
Posted: 29 October 2011 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

I have a laptop floating around from 2001 (Which, oddly enough, except for the processor, is actually more advanced than most of the ones on the market currently, and a tower from ‘98 sitting about ten feet away currently acting as a horizontal clutter trap.) (It has a bad capacitor in the start-up power supply that I’ve been meaning to “get to’ for about 3 years. red face  LOL

*...Steps over to the Meds Locker and withdraws some Mark X‘s from the special Blue Container with the skull and cross-bones on it…* blank stare

Just a little something for good measure. smirk

*...Wanders over to the Security Console, tunes in some vintage George Carlin, and proceeds to check the flammability of the current crop of spammers…*  cheese

Sorry I’ve been dropping the ball of late, but Smerk and Tah have been doing a whiz-bang job of keeping the miscreants at bay.  Every day when I check in (once or twice) the unwashed spam-bots have already been ‘handled’.  cool grin  Then Smerk deletes them.  raspberry

That, and as most of you know, I got some impressively BAD news a short while ago, so I’ve been trying to come to terms with that. (And ‘get all my ducks in row’.) shut eye downer

I’ll get it all down in a blog post.  Eventually. cheese
(I had 3 pages typed up the other wee am, hit some odd combination of keys on my wireless keyboard, and had the whole thing just vanish. Pfffft! big surprise  For some weird reason, MS Works had failed (For the first time EVER) to automatically back it up. gulp  So I lost around 45 minutes work. mad  (And it was hard enough to put down on ‘paper’ the first time, so I didn’t feel like going back to it right away.  That was a couple of days ago…) red face  LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 29 October 2011 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15026
Joined  2006-08-16

I’m sad today. Irregular Webcomic! has ended it’s run of daily comics. downer

If you’ve never read it I highly suggest trawling the archives. You’ll get many laughs and a little bit of education, too, if you read the annotations.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 29 October 2011 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21
Tah - 29 October 2011 03:35 PM

If you’ve never read it I highly suggest trawling the archives. You’ll get many laughs and a little bit of education, too, if you read the annotations.

big surprise 

Say it ain’t so! gulp

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 29 October 2011 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I know, I was very saddened too! He’s gonna shift it to just a blog setting, but still.. Much sad!

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 29 October 2011 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29
daveprime - 29 October 2011 04:31 PM
Tah - 29 October 2011 03:35 PM

big surprise 

Say it ain’t so! gulp

Nooooooo!!!!  downer

Although I did wonder, considering some of the annotations he’d been doing, and the way he was kinda wrapping up the major story lines.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 30 October 2011 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16
Smerk - 29 October 2011 07:06 PM

Although I did wonder, considering some of the annotations he’d been doing, and the way he was kinda wrapping up the major story lines.

Yep. It was staring us in the face and was pretty obvious. Despite that and knowing better, I allowed myself to be in denial about it.

I changed my mind not too long ago, though, when DMM posted a reply in some thread saying he was not taking donations. I knew that was wrong because he had a donation link at the top of the page. Listed some particular LEGO parts he would be interested in as well as a link to his Amazon wishlist and information about donating to Jane Goodall’s foundation. (Even if it had been quite some time since I had looked at it.) But the link wasn’t there!

That’s when I knew for sure it was ending.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 30 October 2011 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

I am seriously tempted to get a dozen or so of those little bitty pumpkins and make an Occupy Halloween protest…

Sadly, I work Halloween night, and the boss has NO sense of humor when it comes to decorations…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 31 October 2011 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

. . . too quiet in here. At this rate I’ll burn through my entire week’s worth of naps by Tuesday!

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2011 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

*Fills out a requisition for more naps for Robin.*

If you run out, let me know. I’ll sign this, send it in and get them overnighted.

Signature 

Posted: 31 October 2011 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

Halloween and here I am stuck at work.  Wont be any kids coming around here looking for candy.  Mind you I won’t have the enjoyment of all the leftovers either.  Bummer.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 31 October 2011 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15
gray - 31 October 2011 07:06 PM

Halloween and here I am stuck at work.  Wont be any kids coming around here looking for candy.  Mind you I won’t have the enjoyment of all the leftovers either.  Bummer.

I give you permission to buy yourself the ingredients to make up “leftovers”.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

{paginate}
3 of 5
{/paginate}