Climate skeptics can
Posted: 04 August 2011 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

In a 700 Club segment rehashing climate science pseudo-scandals, Cato Institute climatologist Patrick Michaels had a peculiar observation for someone appearing on television: scientists like him, who doubt climate change will have serious consequences, have a hard time getting on TV.

MICHAELS: I’m not convinced that there are that many scientists who view this as this apocalyptic, end of the world issue—but that gets a lot of coverage. If I tell you the world’s going to come to an end, I’ll get on TV. If I tell you that it’s not, I probably won’t.

Leaving aside the amusing fact that Michaels made this comment during an appearance on TV, to suggest that climate skeptics like himself are blacklisted in favor of doom-and-gloom scientists is farcical. Michaels - along with other prominent climate skeptics like CEI’s Chris Horner - have been fixtures in the media conversation about climate change for years.

Michaels himself has appeared on or been quoted by major media outlets (search included NYT, LA Times, WSJ, WaPo, USA Today, AP, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, and NPR) on issues pertaining to climate change at least 49 times since 2007.

In fact, from December 2009 through April 2011, Michaels was the only climate scientist featured in television coverage of EPA’s climate regulations, which he opposes.

Michaels isn’t kept out of the media conversation on climate change because he’s a climate skeptic - he’s featured because of it, which is all the more troubling given that around “40 percent” of his funding comes from petroleum interests.

Source with video.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 04 August 2011 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Reminds me of all the people who post big long rant after big long rant on this forum, complaining about how we don’t let them post anything.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 04 August 2011 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
Accipiter - 04 August 2011 02:20 PM

Reminds me of all the people who post big long rant after big long rant on this forum, complaining about how we don’t let them post anything.

LOL

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne