2 of 2
{/paginate}
My legs are still killing me
Posted: 18 August 2011 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I know that fire escape stairs on the outside of buildings are still used but so are escape chutes (slides similar to those used by airlines). 

http://www.escape-chute-systems.com/

Escape Chute Systems design and manufacture Mass and Rapid Emergency Evacuation

Just one Escape Chute can evacuate at the rate of 25 people per minute.

Or have 360 persons at ground level in 15 minutes, irrespective to the height.

You’re right Bebe, I’ve NEVER seen or heard about anything for those in wheel chairs and I think that was a very valuable and credible question you put out…............and the answer you got very telling.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 18 August 2011 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Bebelicious - 18 August 2011 07:27 PM

We had a fire drill yesterday.  I asked one of the safety team members how they handled folks in wheel chairs.  She didn’t know.  I was wondering because we had a person on our floor (third only) who was temporarily on a wheel chair recently.  Three wore me out getting back up because I wasn’t about to wait for the elevator, but a lot of people don’t realize that going down stairs can be more hazardous than going up.

Where I worked They had someone who’s job it was to round the disabled together and then they would go down in a special lift.
I suppose it would ideally be one that hadn’t yet become subjected to the fire.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 19 August 2011 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Our hotel is horribly unprepared for fires. The one time we DID have a fire (thankfully a small one), the housekeepers actually CLOSED THE DOORS of the rooms they were working on, so they wouldn’t be ‘bothered’ by the blaring fire alarms. *facepalm* This caused more than a little panic when we realized that they hadn’t come out of the building…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}