Query 1.  If you by some miracle
Posted: 06 July 2011 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

If you could by some miracle be given the chance to live ALL of your life all over again (not just specific events) but would not remember any of the first time around, would you do it?

A friend asked this question a long time ago. For me there was no hesitation in response.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 July 2011 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9079
Joined  2008-03-02

I would not.  My life has definitely had its ups and downs, but the end result has been the person I am today.  I’m not perfect, by any means, but I try to be better every day than I was before.  And even though things are not always easy, I would not for one minute want to forget about my life or the people in it.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 06 July 2011 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2011-07-04

No, because if I didn’t remember my first life then it wouldn’t matter if I could do it again. I would still make the same mistakes, get to the same results and end up in the same place I am now, so I could as well just keep living.

Posted: 06 July 2011 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21

Eh.. Honestly? I’ve kinda borked this one up pretty badly. Mistakes were made.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 July 2011 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

Hell no! There’s been huge parts of my life that were miserable and I wouldn’t want to do any of that over again.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 06 July 2011 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

And the other thing is, if you don’t remember anything about your life before, you might make the same choices, or the same circumstances might happen again, and you would end up where you are now—provided, of course, that everyone else that you’ve come into contact with makes the same choices, affecting the circumstances the same way.

But if you don’t, if for some reason you make different choices, then you end up in a completely different life, and as a completely different person, from what you have and who you are today.  For instance, I might never have met Dave—which means that I would not have the kids that I have, and also that I might not have met you guys through this forum.  So, again, no, I would not want a do-over. smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 06 July 2011 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16

No.

And the Posting Monster wouldn’t, either.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 06 July 2011 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Tah - 06 July 2011 08:37 PM

No.

And the Posting Monster wouldn’t, either.

LOL

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 06 July 2011 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8446
Joined  2006-02-28

Only if it would be, by some miracle, DIFFERENT the next time around… ...

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 06 July 2011 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2010-02-04

Only if I could do it right at the time of my death in this life.

Posted: 07 July 2011 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

Deja vu…oh, wait…that was a different forum.  I doubt that I would want to, after all, if I changed something that happened when I was younger, there’d be a whole knock-on effect which would end up turning me into someone completely different.  And I like me as I am (most of the time).

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!