{paginate}
3 of 12
{/paginate}
Haro Wine Festival - Haro (Northern Spain)
Posted: 10 July 2011 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9093
Joined  2008-03-02

That sounds like a good afternoon. smile  I take it your character got resurrected?

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 10 July 2011 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Or else struck back in revenge from beyond the grave?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 July 2011 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, I finally got around to watching the movie Scream.  Ummm.  I suppose that it’s not the worst movie I’ve seen. . .

I wonder why it seems to be totally impossible to make a movie in that genre where the characters don’t act ridiculously unnatural?  Maybe it’s one of those things where you have to try directing such a movie to see why.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 July 2011 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Which genre? Horror movies in general, or genre-savvy horror movies?

I’ve always figured it was a method of reassuring the audience… by giving them some way of saying ‘that wouldn’t really happen that way’, they are able to mentally accept it as fictional entertainment. They can also say to themselves, ‘well, if I was there…’.

In any case, I think if I were the one directing a horror movie, I’d go the other direction. Make the most camped-up, melodramatically silly film imaginable. It worked for Little Shop of Horrors. Not done strictly for comedy - the actual show is serious, but the acting is deliberately over the top.

Horror films have been getting to the point where ‘it’s all been done before’, so they have to come up with remakes (which are NEVER as good as the originals) or completely out of the box films like Rubber. Seriously, a killer tire?!

Oooh… IDEA! Make a movie about making a horror film! THe fun part would be when it’s released on video, you have the option of watching the scenes such that you get half the film - either the actual horror film or the ‘behind the scenes’ one. They’d have totally different tones and such.. maybe make the horror film a comedy while the filming is played up serious…

Hmm..  I may have to write up a screenplay. Could be interesting.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 11 July 2011 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 11 July 2011 07:54 AM

Which genre? Horror movies in general, or genre-savvy horror movies?

Yes.

Hmm..  I may have to write up a screenplay. Could be interesting.

Then all you’d have to do is to move to California, that magical land of dreams and wonder, where anybody can make it big in show-business and-. . .hey, wait!  You’re already ahead of the game!

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2011 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
Crafty Dragon - 10 July 2011 07:30 PM

That sounds like a good afternoon. smile  I take it your character got resurrected?

Well, we’re still carrying my previous character’s corpse around in a sack waiting to resurrect her, but I’m playing a temporary character just now, until we get around to bringing her back! At the moment I’m a half-orc. cheese

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 11 July 2011 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9093
Joined  2008-03-02
Madmouse - 11 July 2011 07:33 PM

Well, we’re still carrying my previous character’s corpse around in a sack waiting to resurrect her, but I’m playing a temporary character just now, until we get around to bringing her back! At the moment I’m a half-orc. cheese

LOL LOL LOL

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 11 July 2011 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

At the moment I’m a half-orc. cheese

But what species of character are you playing in the game?

cheese

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2011 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
Accipiter - 11 July 2011 09:24 PM

At the moment I’m a half-orc. cheese

But what species of character are you playing in the game?

cheese

*waves her mighty chopper at Acci*

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 11 July 2011 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Just so long as it’s not a sonic screwchopper.

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2011 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Wait.. half orc… carrying a former adventurer’s remains in a sack..?

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/toon/epiccampain1

(I particularly like how combat results in polyhedral dice being scattered about)

In hotel news… I’ve noticed a trend. Being a moderately-priced hotel, we will still get the occasional… riff-raff… wandering in. You know the type - they want the cheapest rate possible, only want to pay in cash (no credit card, even for the authorization), and they generally balk at our (fairly reasonable) prices. I’ve even had folks offer to pay *me* fifty bucks cash to let them into a room, rather than run their card, or after it gets declined for a $100 authorization hold.

The thing is, when they balk at the price, they don’t ever come out and say ‘that’s too much’. It’s always ‘Let me go check with my girlfrind in the car’, or some other thinly-veiled attempt at plausible deniability. Every. Time. Ok, I get it, you’re probably just looking for a place to ‘do business’ as it were, or are generally destitute, or even just a cheapskate… but why the deception? It always baffles me.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

{paginate}
3 of 12
{/paginate}