2 of 5
18/06/11 - Bye-bye and Happy Evacuation Day, Egypt!
Posted: 19 June 2011 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

. . .  I would like to have a word with you concerning my missing eyebrows.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 19 June 2011 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9078
Joined  2008-03-02

*peers closely at Robin’s forehead*

Meh, they were due for a trim anyhow.  They’ll grow back soon enough. wink

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 19 June 2011 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

So will. . .umm. . .everything else.  Probably.  Don’t fret.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 June 2011 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15019
Joined  2006-08-16
Robin Bobcat - 19 June 2011 04:52 PM

. . .  I would like to have a word with you concerning my missing eyebrows.

Hey. I had the sirens going, the red warning lights flashing and the barricades in place. Don’t blame me because you got too close. Just be glad that curiosity only singed the cat.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 20 June 2011 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

I am NOT going to sweep up all of the ash this time! mad

*...opens doors and windows and fires up the leaf blower…* cool grin

I start my unpaid ‘Advanced Pre-work Training’ tonight. gulp
Hopefully I don’t screw it up or anything over the next three nights and am able to actually find work when I get done.  (I’m actually a bit nervous.  It has been a LONG time since I have worked. Especially in a ‘fast paced work environment.’) *sigh*

Wish me luck everyone. smirk  shut eye

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 20 June 2011 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Don’t fret, Dave:  I’ll have Gustav perform the Dance of the Squishy Squash for you!  That ought to bring you tons* of good fortune!

* (whether long tons, short tons or metric tons I’m not sure)

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 21 June 2011 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

I had a massive bout of dizziness this evening. I couldn’t even sit up without falling over. Fortunately it wasn’t long before Chris got home, because there was no way I could look after the Mousling.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 21 June 2011 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9078
Joined  2008-03-02

Eesh.  Hope you’re feeling better now, Mouse! *hugs*

Could you possibly be dehydrated?  Occasionally I’ve had dizzy spells when I haven’t gotten enough liquids.

And I’m kind of excited, because I’m going to Denver this weekend! grin

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 23 June 2011 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5510
Joined  2007-03-14
Madmouse - 22 June 2011 12:23 AM

I had a massive bout of dizziness this evening. I couldn’t even sit up without falling over. Fortunately it wasn’t long before Chris got home, because there was no way I could look after the Mousling.

I used to get dizzy spells when I was younger.  They traced it to a lack of iron in my blood.  Once I started eating properly (more meat in the diet) things improved and I haven’t had a problem since.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 23 June 2011 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

I always have issues with dizzy spells.  I’ve never been diagnosed as anaemic, though.  I did get informed after the first time I’d fainted that I had low blood pressure, though.  Mind you, that was 15 years ago, now…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 23 June 2011 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

I tend to have very low blood pressure, but this was worse that any I’ve had before. I was a lot less dizzy after a nap, and I’m fine now.

I’ve got two samba gigs, one in the morning for each of the next two days. I wouldn’t mind, but 1) they’re both going to mean really early starts, which leads to b) I didn’t want to play at either of them but too many others couldn’t play so I had to volunteer to make up numbers, and iii) thankfully, Chris is off work tomorrow so he’s keeping the mousling, but for Saturday’s gig I’ll have to carry him round the whole parade in the backpack. shut eye

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

2 of 5