As many of you already know, i am and have been, handicapped for the last decade or so. A little over 2 years ago I began a program that would allow me to train to work customer service jobs from home. (Yay interwebz!!) Well, after all this time, I have finally recieved an email with the following message:
Thank you for your interest in continuing the application process with [Company]. In order to be eligible for our openings, you need to first complete [Company’s] Certification Training.
Certification Training will meet for 3 days and consist of 4 hours of online instructor-led training and 2 hours of homework each evening. There will be a 15 minute break during the class. This training is meant to prepare you from working from home in a call center environment. The classes are conducted online; you attend virtually via your home computer.
This class will require:
* PC based computer with Windows 7, Vista or XP operating system
* Minimum of 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (recommended) (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista or higher)
* High speed Internet access (Cable or DSL)
* Quiet work space environment
* Computer compatible headset (recommended) or a telephone with a headset or telephone speaker functionality.
***Note: If you will be using the telephone option, you will need unlimited long distance. The call in number is NOT toll-free.
Needless to say really, but i am a bit nervous. It has been a LONG time since I have worked. (The docs repeatedly told me I should just give up on the idea, but I’m too stubborn for that...)
Anyhow, just wanted to let my friends here know what’s up and why I have been so quiet of late.