O no… more pyramids
Posted: 20 April 2006 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Some bloke is claiming to have found pyramids in Bosnia (funnely enough he is an American of Bosnian origins). Looks more he is working on an elabourate sceme to increase tourism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4912040.stm

and

http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/index_files/News.html

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 20 April 2006 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

...I don’t think he could make money off of this, since it belongs to Bosnia…It’s not like I could go to Egypt & start charging my own fare for people to enter the pyramids.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 20 April 2006 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, there are plenty of large burial mounds in that region of Europe, from the Thracians and Scythians and such people.  It could just be a really large one of those, and not really a proper ziggurat or a pyramid.  Or maybe it could be something new.  We’ll have to see what they dig up, though, to learn what it is or isn’t.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 April 2006 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

I smell money here!

Investors invited!

We will purchase the exclusive rights to build Motel Eights all around the place, and of course also get the Carl’s Jr. franchise rights, and Pizza Hut, and whatever else we think of.

Oh, and a rental shop with spelunking gear, like helmets with those fun flashlights in them, maps, and of course we can sell trinkets that ward off any curses the buried may have cast upon us when we violate their tomb.

What an opportunity!

On a more serioius note, it has the ring of authenticity to me!

Dan the Easily-Fooled, especially when he smells money

Posted: 22 April 2006 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

I like how this guy has… “already named the three hills the pyramids of the Sun, Moon and Dragon.” Correct me if I’m wrong, which I’m pretty sure I’m not, but isn’t there already a pyramid of the moon? Mexico… pre-Aztec. Not sure about a pyramid of the Sun, or dragon for that matter, but I’m certain there’s already a pryamid of the moon.

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 22 April 2006 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

The largest pyramid at Teotihuacuanhanuanauana (whatever that place in Mexico is called) is known as the Pyramid of the Sun.  Off to one side of it, at the end of the Street of the Dead, is the Pyramid of the Moon, and in the other direction at the opposite end of the street is the Temple (but not a pyramid) of Quetzalcoatl, who was a flying serpent and thus sort of dragony.  I don’t know of any Pyramid of the Dragon anywhere; maybe Australia has one hidden away somewhere?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 24 April 2006 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Could it not be more likely that the mountains were already there and that they merely tunnelled into them? Perhaps i’m missing something here but that picture on the BBC article showed the “mound” in the background and it looked far too big to be man-made.

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”