1 of 1
{/paginate}
Dr. Who Theme on Tesla Coils
Posted: 28 May 2011 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Arc Attack performing the Dr. Who theme on Tesla coils as Adam Savage of Mythbusters dances in a Faraday cage.

VIDEO !!!

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 28 May 2011 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Unfairly Balanced - 28 May 2011 04:15 PM

Arc Attack performing the Dr. Who theme on Tesla coils as Adam Savage of Mythbusters dances in a Faraday cage.

VIDEO !!!

Pfft.. Already seen it….

.... LIVE.

Yeah, I was at Maker Faire.. I didn’t even know Arc Attack was to be performing.. It was in a dark warehouse building, used for all the ‘here’s glowing stuff’ makers. There was some guy noodling on a guitar while I was looking at the exhibits.. then it started getting crowded… no big deal.. big building… then I noticed the stage had more lights, revealing the two coils.

“Oh holy crap, it’s Arc Attack…”

Now, one thing you don’t fully grasp in the videos is just how LOUD those things are. You are playing music with FREAKING THUNDER. My ears were ringing from about a hundred feet away, and Adam had to have had a few fillings rattled loose.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 29 May 2011 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

grin

Yay for the Doctor Who theme played on Tesla coils!

Hopefully they would’ve given Adam some earplugs before they stuck him in the cage.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 02 June 2011 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

Awesome.  Something only a real geek could appreciate.  smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 02 June 2011 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
gray - 03 June 2011 12:04 AM

Awesome.  Something only a real geek could appreciate.  smile

Oh ANYONE can appreciate it. It’s an awesome spectacle. But it does help to be a geek in understanding what you are seeing, and knowing why it is as awesome as it is.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}

‹‹ What would you do?      Unsung inventor ››