1 of 1
{/paginate}
I need some input from the brainiacks here on:  DNA RNA
Posted: 27 May 2011 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I may be mistaken, but I believe there are a few members here who have a better understanding of what this paper in The Scientist are saying.  I’m not going to paste the article here even though it is a news story because what I’m MOST interested in is what the article’s DNA and RNA confusion to the autistic brain signature means in layman’s terms.  I will ask, however, that you read my comment at the base of the article and then Mr. Baxter’s clarification comment back to me as I had requested there as well. 

Most of you know and understand my VERY keen interest in this problem (I do not feel that calling it a disease is really appropriate since it’s really a mutation that has triggers that may or may not occur by either environment or virus since the mutation itself is a physiological part of the brain)

http://www.the-scientist.com/news/display/58180/

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 May 2011 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14

I think what he was saying was that the A2BP1 network in the brain has the job of taking different parts of the RNA from the DNA and putting them all together to work in a particular type of cell.  Each type of cell has different requirements and hence the A2BP1 network will assemble the required data accordingly.  What seems to happen in autistic people is that the A2BP1 network isn’t quite doing its job properly and may be assemling the data in a way that it shouldn’t be. 

The other point was that two different parts of the brain that should be operating different seemed to be operating the same.  I suppose this would be akin to sewing 12 shirts exactly the same vice 6 shirts and 6 pants.

I may be way out to lunch but that’s the way I understand it.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 27 May 2011 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Thanks gray, that’s sort of the way I thought I was viewing it as well.  I am trying to find a way of telling the situation (you did it well) in a way that moves the activity into a setting that those of us without any kind of real molecular or genetic background can identify with. 

Obviously I have a more intense interest in this than many other folks might have.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}