Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Really.

Evuhdens…

Etc.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 20 May 2011 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

No it’s not.  Tomorrow is the Rapture.  The end of the world isn’t until October 21.

So any Christian who wakes up tomorrow in their own bed is a sinner destined for Hell.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 20 May 2011 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Does the end start with the rapture?

Yes.

So the end is tomorrow.
Lights out takes a while longer.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 20 May 2011 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Rapture has started.
No news yet from Kiritimati.

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 20 May 2011 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

... and I feel fiiiiiiine…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 May 2011 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Be sure to wear clean underpants, and pack a toothbrush and towel.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 May 2011 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

And when this doesn’t happen it’s doubtful those involved will be ready to say ‘gosh we were wrong’, nor will they lose faith in this or future predictions.  As Erik wrote to me today: 

People like this always have some rationalization if their prophecy doesn’t come true.  There was some Christian group a few years ago that was convinced the Rapture was coming and they had to be in Jerusalem for it.  So…they traveled to Israel and obviously it didn’t happen.  Apparently the minister associated with the group praised god for giving humanity a second chance and they went home.

And my prophecy for Saturday:  life goes on…...................

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 May 2011 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, the guy behind this latest prediction already failed in the same prediction for past dates.  So he’ll probably just move it ahead yet another few years.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 May 2011 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Matthew 24:36.

Just sayin’.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 May 2011 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 21 May 2011 12:03 AM

Matthew 24:36.

Just sayin’.

Bah, that’s just something that the Bible says, Robin.  What does the Bible have to do with Biblical prophecies?

Although if you look at the King James version, it states that “no man shall know”.  So perhaps the “guy” pushing this prediction is actually a woman in drag?

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2011 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I think it was 1960 when there was somehow a prophecy that the world would end.  I was in 7th or 8th grade in Korea and a girlfriend and I were going to the high school gym on base to see The Time Machine and I think it was a Thursday night.  She was the one to tell me that the world was to come to an end that night, that she’d read it or her parents had.  I remember thinking how very normal everything seemed to be.  There were no clouds or storms and I knew my parents were home doing all the normal and boring things they did and I didn’t want to be late for supper.  Seemed to me that there should be stuff happening, birds trying to find shelter or something but it was just a warm afternoon.

Her telling me sent shivers down my spine though and I remember being surprised when I got home that no one there seemed any different than always. 

Since then I’ve heard these predictions so many times that I’m surprised we haven’t all just given up the ghost with the tellings!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 May 2011 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Does anyone here remember the Heaven’s Gate cult?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven’s_Gate_(religious_group)

Heaven’s Gate was an American UFO religion based in San Diego, California, founded and led by Marshall Applewhite (1931

Signature 

{paginate}
1 of 3
{/paginate}