{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Have many/most U.S. presidents been descended from the royal bloodlines of Europe?
Posted: 29 April 2011 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

This is a contention I see reverberate occasionally through conspiracy websites.  It goes something like this:

The presidential race is, in fact, mostly a “show” for the dumb populace.  All candidates/winners have been and are related to the royal houses of Europe, esp. the Hapsburgs in Germany and the Windsor line in the U.K. 

I did a few searches on site, but didn’t turn up much. 

So….. Is it true? hmmm  cool grin

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 29 April 2011 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

That’s it. George W Bush and President Obama are cousins. That ought-a shut up the Birthers.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 29 April 2011 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-04-14

Technically, if you are willing to trace back far enough, we are all related to some degree. I worry less about peoples’ ancestry than their beliefs and how that effects their behavior in the here and now.

Posted: 29 April 2011 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Every US President is descended from the royal bloodlines of Europe.  As are pretty much any white people or Middle Eastern people or people from India.  Any folks from Africa have a good chance of it, too.  Chinese and Southeast Asians not all that much of a chance.  Australian Aboriginals, not so much.  Native Americans, it varies.

But any white guy in the US has a not all that distant link to some European royalty.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 29 April 2011 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

According to my father, if the Stuart clan were still royalty, I’d probably be a Duke. Direct male line back a couple centuries.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 29 April 2011 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28

I think I read somewhere that everyone on the planet was at least 50th cousins. Makes sense. The human race didn’t start out with 7 billion people; they all had to descend from someone.

So that settles it, why don’t y’all come on over for a big family dinner.

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

Posted: 30 April 2011 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

“they all had to descend from someone.”

Yup and she was a pretty wild thing. Even for those days…

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}