2 of 3
{/paginate}
A Bad Day for the Birthers
Posted: 28 April 2011 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

aaaaaaaand: here it is already. Now Trump is questioning Obama’s educational credentials:

Then he pivoted to another issue involving Obama’s personal qualifications, saying he had read that Obama was a poor student at Occidental College and asking how he had won admission to Columbia University and Harvard Law School.

“I don’t know why he doesn’t release his records” from his school days, Trump said.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 28 April 2011 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah, heard about that. Fairly blatant ad hominem assaults, designed to shake support of the incumbent, etc. He should be ashamed of himself…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 28 April 2011 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

And of course, some of the Birthers are complaining that either this is only a Certificate of Live Birth, not a Birth Certificate, or that it’s an “obvious fake”.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 April 2011 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Trump

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 28 April 2011 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

So Donald ‘I’m very proud of myself’ Trump promised to reveal his taxreturns if Obama showed his birth certificate:

So where are the tax returns

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 28 April 2011 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

Looks like it has begun already…

news link

Even with birth certificate, ‘birther’ theories will not die

Good conspiracy theories don’t die

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 28 April 2011 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28
Tah - 28 April 2011 02:22 AM

6. Monkey ninja assassins spying on pirates. Riding dinosaur robots.

This is the single best thing I have heard today. Thank you, very much.

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

Posted: 29 April 2011 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

I like the claims now being made that Obama somehow gave up his citizenship living in Indonesia as a child, and other such nonsense.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 29 April 2011 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9101
Joined  2008-03-02

First of all, isn’t a “certificate of live birth” the same thing as a “birth certificate”?  Also, one thing that I’ve heard is that Obama attended school here under a foreign student scholarship, or something like that.  If he’s an American citizen, why would he be able to get that kind of scholarship, if he did?  Off to look that up…

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 29 April 2011 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Obama, like the llluminati, does not sxcist.
But that

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 29 April 2011 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
Crafty Dragon - 29 April 2011 11:46 AM

First of all, isn’t a “certificate of live birth” the same thing as a “birth certificate”?  Also, one thing that I’ve heard is that Obama attended school here under a foreign student scholarship, or something like that.  If he’s an American citizen, why would he be able to get that kind of scholarship, if he did?  Off to look that up…

Legally, yes. It’s the documentation that you can get from the department records, that basically says ‘here’s the information we have’. The actual, filled-out document is in a sealed record, which is only accessed in emergencies, as if it were easy toa ccess, someone might be able to sneak in a forgery or the like.

Signature 

{paginate}
2 of 3
{/paginate}