1 of 1
{/paginate}
Sales people with bad manners
Posted: 23 April 2011 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

I was at a certain store today and I asked the lady a question about a product. Next thing you know she virtually sticks her fingers up her nose before handling a couple of demonstration products as well as a couple of other non-demonstration products. I think she must have a head cold.

Is it too much to ask for them to at least blow their nose properly before handling merchandise?

I had to make an excuse and leave. It just completely put me off buying something there and I even sent a complaint email to the store’s web site. It is a franchise store so the web site would connect to some head office.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 23 April 2011 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

I have no problem with what you did, Peter. Sounds sensible and I would have probably done the same thing.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 23 April 2011 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Peter, was there a tissue around the fingers she stuck up her nose?  Did she stick more than one fingers up?  Did anything come out [of her nose]?  Did she ‘sound’ as if she had a cold or was ill?

For as ridiculous or as ludicrous as these questions may seem, when I note someone has a cold or is sneezing or is holding a handkerchief that they are going to be using immediately, or I can tell their nose is running, I’m not likely either to be asking them any questions because I’m going to stay away from that individual and ask someone else.  If the clerk was/is ill, they shouldn’t be at work.  If they are there and are that ill, it’s often because their employer has pressed their presence which is inappropriate and therefore the employer is at fault.

If you are very sure the clerk herself was just ‘trashy’, then that is another matter.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 23 April 2011 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 23 April 2011 12:55 PM

Peter, was there a tissue around the fingers she stuck up her nose?  Did she stick more than one fingers up?  Did anything come out [of her nose]?  Did she ‘sound’ as if she had a cold or was ill?

For as ridiculous or as ludicrous as these questions may seem, when I note someone has a cold or is sneezing or is holding a handkerchief that they are going to be using immediately, or I can tell their nose is running, I’m not likely either to be asking them any questions because I’m going to stay away from that individual and ask someone else.  If the clerk was/is ill, they shouldn’t be at work.  If they are there and are that ill, it’s often because their employer has pressed their presence which is inappropriate and therefore the employer is at fault.

If you are very sure the clerk herself was just ‘trashy’, then that is another matter.

There was no tissue. She stuck one or two fingers slightly into the nostril areas of her nose in a fashion that was consistent to cause a negative internal emotional response when she then proceeded to handle said items. This was immediately after said nasal action with one or more of her digits. The immediacy of said action of handling the items (“items” as in demonstration items and actual merchandise for sale) did not include the action of using any kind of sanitary action in between the act of nasal penetration and the digital handling of said items (“items”.....er, well, you know).

Damn it. I just get p****d off when people pick their noses and handle things I’m looking at to buy. I’m sorry I can’t give a better response than that. I just have an internal feeling of disgust that just occurs on an emotional level. It’s almost on the level of a phobia but maybe without the insanity. Am I making sense?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 23 April 2011 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Yes Peter you make sense.  Sometimes, if people have allergies, or a sinus condition, there can be tickling that becomes intensely furious at times and will definitely cause them to either yank at their nose, suddenly rub it or use a finger inside to press against the offense.  There are also times that a person feels as if something is hanging visibly from a nostril and they automatically or unconsciously will attempt to pluck. 

I am frequently offended by the behaviors of people in public (clerks scratching in unseemly body places etc.).  However, I am very careful NOT to report their behavior because I do not know their circumstances and especially if what they did was fairly frivolous.  While I do understand your disgust, often you place yourself on another kind of ‘interesting’ level when reporting things of this nature.  IF the clerk had deliberately wiped her fingers on you after digging, or had spit on you purposely, that is a very different story.  When I am offended in the manner you faced, I will not buy the product, and I will move swiftly from the premises.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}

‹‹ April 22 - Earth Day - Palau      school ››