2 of 8
{/paginate}
April 22 - Earth Day - Palau
Posted: 24 April 2011 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

Hmm…I have a hankering for some Anzac biscuits, for some strange reason…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 25 April 2011 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Bleah… what a day.

Spent most of the day tired, aone, and depressed. Our family is about as religious as a particularly agnostic turnip, but we still used to like having a proper Easter dinner together. Good memories, but nontheless making for sad thoughts when you’re alone but for a bowl of mac and cheese and the last can of Throwback Dew in the house. *sigh* I want colored eggs, chocolate bunnies, and marshmallow peeps, dangit. I’m fully realized that, as an adult, I can simply go and get such things, but they’re pretty meaningless without anyone around, you know?

Managed to sleep past my alarm again, stumbling half-asleep out of the door. In my haste, I managed to grab two different kinds of sock, which is one of those annoyances that is irritating based solely on how minor and mundane it is. Called in, to let them know I was coming, but needed to grab food. Spent fifteen. goddamn. minutes. in the drive-thru, and they then got my order totally wrong!

Finally get in to work twenty minutes late, to deal with the bitchy, self-entitled *brat* of a co-worker (I don’t usually gripe about her, she’s really not worth it) dumping a load of problems *she* should have dealt with, including contacting an online booking company - something that can only be done during business hours, meaning that tonight’s paperwork is going to be off, and a big mess tomorrow.

Speaking of big messes, the usual breakfast bar person was ‘sick’ and couldn’t do the cleanup on the breakfast area. Funny how she’s always feeling bad on days when there’s a lot to do… Add to that the manager foisting off things that she was supposed to do, and you’ve got a recipie for one really awful, totally lousy day. I’m just glad it’s over.

Oh, wait. I’m still at work. Damn…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 25 April 2011 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

*sigh*

To paraphrase Mark Twain: If today were a horse, I’d trade it for a dog. Then shoot the dog.

It appears that one of my coworkers has no idea of how to file paperwork, and has been instead shoving them in wherever they fit in the filing envelopes. This means I have to check *all* of the paperwork to make sure it’s in something resembling the correct locations..

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 25 April 2011 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

shut eye

That is not fun, Robin.  I feel your pain and frustration.  Filing is not hard to do, really.  And if they’re not sure where it goes, then they should ask someone.  Although I’m guessing that like me, your colleagues aren’t intelligent enough to do that?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 25 April 2011 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Pfft… I wish.

There usually isn’t anyone to ask, but its pretty obvious where the files go. Index by date. How hard is that? Pretty hard, apparently. I’m finding file packets for March in January. Folder gets full? Start a new one. Also hard, since I’m finding folders literally ripping at the seams because my coworker has stuffed five days worth into one tiny folder..

They won’t ask for help, because that would be admitting that they are anything less than completely awesome, after all.

*sigh*

Time to go set up breakfast.. which we’re out of a lot of things.. because the boss is lazy and hasn’t gone shopping. My last job was abusive. This one is just plain *stupid*.

Signature 

Posted: 25 April 2011 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

. . . Oh, this is cute. I have come across an envelope that has been painstakingly labelled: ‘2/27/11   4/1/11’.

*facepalm*

Signature 

Posted: 25 April 2011 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

WHY is there a folder from last JULY in here! Argh!

*pounds head against desk*

Signature 

Posted: 25 April 2011 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14

I share your agony Robin.  As the person who is in charge of our networked documentation I am constantly finding things that people figure should be in one place but in reality should be somewhere else.  I even have an index telling them where things go which is apparently non-existant to everyone else ecause they never follow it.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 25 April 2011 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

red face

Turns out the reason the internet was down completely, is because I undid my son’s “installation” of the new modem and hadn’t noticed that he had connected the two phone lines in the WRONG spots on the back of the modem. red face  shut eye

Of course, that does NOTHING to deal with the problem of it going down every night at 8pm. hmmm  mad
(Random modem failure my arse!) mad

The tech is here, so I will come back on when I can… cheese

*POP*

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 26 April 2011 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Labelling your cables is an awesome thing to do.

Me, I also make a point of labelling my AC adapters and USB cords. Good to know exactly WHAT a given widget is attached to…

Signature 

Posted: 26 April 2011 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

Having ony TWO phone cords, one of which is only two or so feet long, one might think labeling them unnecessary. shut eye

*...gets out Ban-hammer and goes all Norselike on the spammers…* cheese

“For Odin!!!!”
cool grin

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

{paginate}
2 of 8
{/paginate}