{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Pigeon breeder glued feathers on prize bird to win prestigious German competition
Posted: 19 March 2011 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

I guess this guy’s actions count as a hoax. Story here.

A PIGEON fancier came unstuck when the judge at a German poultry exhibition discovered his prize bird’s feathers were glued on.

Gerhard Bachmann, 69, stuck extra feathers on his champion roller pigeon before showing it at the renowned Lipsia show in Leipzig, in the southeastern state of Saxony, The (London) Times reported today.

Bachmann’s bird took the top prize - the title of Best Bred Bird - but an investigation was launched after a judge’s suspicions were aroused by the bird’s “almost too perfect” plumage.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 19 March 2011 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I cry fowl!

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 March 2011 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Roller-pigeon. Is it on skates?

Posted: 21 March 2011 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Mr R - 21 March 2011 12:30 PM

Roller-pigeon. Is it on skates?

Nah. It’s a breed of pigeon that ‘tumbles’ out of the sky to avoid airborne predators. They are of course bred to emphasize this trait, and perform it on command.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}