1 of 2
Black is White
Posted: 15 February 2011 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2011-01-31

I am sure that you had already heard of brainwashing. However, I managed to get an old Soviet film which shows the method in practice. I have translated it from Russian for American sheeple

http://ecclesiastes911.net/suggestion/

Posted: 16 February 2011 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

And are you going to do a translation for all those English-speaking non-American sheeple?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 16 February 2011 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21

The lights. There iz four of dem.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 16 February 2011 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07
Smerk - 16 February 2011 10:31 AM

And are you going to do a translation for all those English-speaking non-American sheeple?

LOL  SOmething tells me that Sheeple was a little slip and a preview into the next experiment he will be translating.

The experiment itself it neat though. In itself it seems more an experiment in the effects of peer pressure and not brainwashing. I AM, however curious as to whether perhaps this was only one part of a series of repeated experiments that eventually left the subjects answering the same way whether there were people around or not…

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 16 February 2011 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Yeah, this isn’t really brainwashing.  It can be a part of the process of brainwashing, but in itself is just basically peer pressure.

Peer pressure is when you pretend that something is something else because everybody else is saying that it is so.  Brainwashing is when you actually believe it yourself.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 February 2011 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Why do the culturally ignorant assume that all Americans are “Sheeple” (as opposed to Sheepie, my dogs favorite toy) who blindly believe our government is all knowing and never wrong and have all been brainwashed by said government.  Oh, yeah.  They’re culturally ignorant.  Anwered my own question.  Never mind.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 19 February 2011 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-31
Bebelicious - 19 February 2011 02:29 PM

Why do the culturally ignorant assume that all Americans are “Sheeple” (as opposed to Sheepie, my dogs favorite toy) who blindly believe our government is all knowing and never wrong and have all been brainwashed by said government.  Oh, yeah.  They’re culturally ignorant.  Anwered my own question.  Never mind.

We are indded. We think that only brainwashed people could put Jackson Pollock in National Art Gallery. But this is becauase we are culturally ignorant and do not understand that this is indeed such great art.

Posted: 19 February 2011 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21
Robin Bobcat - 16 February 2011 10:54 AM

“I. see. THREE. LIGHTS!!!”  blank stare

Good episode, but kinda disturbing and hard to watch. shut eye

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 20 February 2011 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
simus - 19 February 2011 09:48 PM
Bebelicious - 19 February 2011 02:29 PM

We are indded. We think that only brainwashed people could put Jackson Pollock in National Art Gallery. But this is becauase we are culturally ignorant and do not understand that this is indeed such great art.

Your response has nothing to do with my comment.  Perhaps that is your attempt to to misdirect me in some way for some reason, but I’m not falling for it.  cheese

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 20 February 2011 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-31
Bebelicious - 20 February 2011 01:14 PM

Your response has nothing to do with my comment.  Perhaps that is your attempt to to misdirect me in some way for some reason, but I’m not falling for it.  cheese

Baaaaaa

Posted: 21 February 2011 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21
daveprime - 19 February 2011 11:24 PM
Robin Bobcat - 16 February 2011 10:54 AM

“I. see. THREE. LIGHTS!!!”  blank stare

Good episode, but kinda disturbing and hard to watch. shut eye

*poke* It was four/five lights.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 18 March 2011 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-31
Accipiter - 17 February 2011 02:24 AM

Brainwashing is when you actually believe it yourself.

But you do belive it yourselff. Don’t you?

1 of 2