1 of 3
Furry Conspiracist Rant
Posted: 19 January 2011 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6927
Joined  2005-10-21

As many of you know, I’m a furry fan, and attended a convention recently - Further Confusion. I was checking the official boards today, and found this little gem:

http://www.furtherconfusion.org/forums/index.php/t/2002/

I’m going to quote it here, as there’s a good chance it will either get deleted by the moderators, or moved when they gear up for 2012…

I’m a fox who’s attended FC for several years. I’m also a sovereign California citizen. I am not a federal citizen, because the federal government was created to be limited to Washington D.C. except in certain special cases, and while it’s not common knowledge federal citizens are only supposed to be residents and employees of Washington D.C.. Nor am I a citizen of STATE OF CALIFORNIA, which is actually a Johnny-come-lately name under which the federal government does business unlawfully outside of D.C.. They’ve managed to convince most citizens that its various STATE OF _______’s are the original states of the Union, but I’ve done my research and know better now. As such, not only would it be inappropriate for me to get a STATE OF CALIFORNIA I.D. card or to opt into the Social Security federal benefits program, it would make me a party to treason. I literally do not have, nor can I lawfully obtain, a “state-issued” photo ID. The lawful California doesn’t issue many I.D. cards these days, as its’ governance is now defunct due to a public fraud. Its’ lawful courts, for instance adjourned sine die (“without [citing a future] day [to reconvene]”) when no provisions were made for it in the STATE OF CALIFORNIA constitution, which at the time was assumed by everyone to be the new revision of the lawful California’s constitution. Widespread fraud systematized by politicians and the guild of attorneys has essentially destroyed California’s lawful government, and replaced it with a lookalike. This has been the case in most of the states, although Texas has pulled itself together enough to form its lawful government once again, and there are now two Texas governments that operate simultaneously: the lawful Republic of Texas government, and the federal STATE OF TEXAS business name.

This political scenario makes employment next to impossible, and therefore keeping a roof as well, but it keeps me from supporting the ongoing federal attack on the Union. (I know, priorities.) I work under the table where I can. It’s also made it difficult to pre-reg or reg-reg for FC, and so I’ve usually Gofered here and gotten comped for a badge. Until this year, that is.

FC is contractually obligated, with the Fairmont I’m guessing, to make a “good faith effort” to verify all of its attendees with government-issued photo I.D., and now that we’re at the Fairmont that extends to Gofers as well. Required to present something I literally do not have and cannot get, I arrived to FC this year and was told it was “impossible” to Gofer. This left me with no badge, no access to FC, no staff feed and no Gofer crash either. Additionally, the few rooms on the party floor had been told they must check for party bracelets or, again, state-issued photo I.D. cards. Thus, I’ve been enjoying the wonderful common areas and hallways of the Fairmont this year, and that’s pretty much been it. Until I can find someone I know and buy some floor space, I’m here with suddenly nowhere to sleep. Finding furs I know has been difficult because they’re usually inside most of the events, or in their rooms. So I’ve been left to sleep under tables as furs occasionally do, until I was rousted last night by ConOps who were quick to tell me what I couldn’t do, but didn’t seem to understand the situation or have options as to what I could do.

The term “good faith effort” is a commercial law term that means “sincere best effort”. It doesn’t obligate FC to kick furs to the curb when they literally do not have, and cannot get, state-issued photo I.D. cards. I know from checking with Reg in years past that I’m not the only sovereign fur we have at FC; I wonder how well the rest are faring, and how they’re managing it. I also hope that this policy eases up next year when FC doesn’t have its contract with the Fairmont, or that accommodations will be made for those in this position when FC understands that it’s been demanding something that we literally cannot get without becoming a party to treason. Having a FurCon that actually requires enjoining treason in order to attend seems a little much, don’t you think?

For those to whom sovereign citizenship is an unfamiliar topic, Team Law and FamGuardian are both good, if somewhat outdated, sites presenting the research.

Be well,

anonyfox

There’s a few embedded links in there I really didn’t feel like including. Standard conspiracy/tax evasion crap. For those wondering, ‘Gofers’ are the volunteer crew for the cons, trading a few hours of time for refunds on their attendance, access to a room for crash space, and even free food.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 19 January 2011 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5511
Joined  2007-03-14

Sounds like your classic anti government nutter to me.  I’ve heard the same stuff out of non furries.  In this case I think he’s more miffed because it prevented him from attending the convention like he wanted to.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 January 2011 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Robin Bobcat - 19 January 2011 10:34 AM

As many of you know, I’m a furry fan

Really?!!!

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 19 January 2011 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
Sharruma - 20 January 2011 02:05 AM
Robin Bobcat - 19 January 2011 10:34 AM

As many of you know, I’m a furry fan

Really?!!!

*sticks out tongue*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 20 January 2011 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-23

On a more serious note, Robin
though perhaps it’s a silly question
Do all furs stay with just one fursona
or do they occasionally change? Such as
a wolf who decides to be a fox for a while
and do any (that you know of) maintain more
than one fursonality at a time?

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
In Western Australi

And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

Posted: 21 January 2011 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Like just about everything in the fandom, it varies from person to person. Some don’t have ‘fursonas’, some have only a vaguely defined one. Some people will keep a few characters they enjoy, or have one main one and a handful of secondaries. For some people it’s just a nifty character they like, for others it’s a ‘this is who I really am inside’. I have seen some folks change over time, eventually settling into something better suited to them.

One trend I have seen is that a lot of folks like to have *unique* fursonas. While there’s any number of wolves, foxes, and dragons, there’s a growing number of hybrids, furs with odd/unusual markings (foxes with stripes, lime green mice, cougar dryads with leaves instead of hair, etc), even custom beasties crafted out of whole cloth. I should point out that while yours truly has a squirrel’s tail, I was doing it LONG before the cool kids were, in some cases before they were even born.

Signature 

Posted: 21 January 2011 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-23

Thanks Robin smile
It was pretty much as I thought
but when I hear people refer to themselves
as so and so the fox, I couldn’t help wonder
if they were always a fox and only a fox or if
it was a lot more flexible.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
In Western Australi

And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

Posted: 21 January 2011 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Don’t talk about the flexibility of foxes, you’ll never hear the end of the jokes…

But yeah, this guy’s pretty much nutterbutters, so don’t extrapolate anything from the fandom from him, plz.

Signature 

Posted: 21 January 2011 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 22 January 2011 12:04 AM

But yeah, this guy’s pretty much nutterbutters, so don’t extrapolate anything from the fandom from him, plz.

Says the guy who earlier on admitted to being a bit squirrely himself.  wink

Most of the time, you can work out at least where a nutter is starting his theories from.  This guy. . .not so much.  Obviously he doesn’t recognise the legitimacy of pretty much any state government or the national government in the US, but. . .why?  He talks all around the idea, but never really seems to say.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 January 2011 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

His arguments seem to be the sort used by tax evasion sorts - declaring himself a ‘Californian’ citizen as opposed to a US citizen living in the State, as well as ‘opting out’ of the Social Security system - with a dose of the sort of anti-government leanings you get with ‘Republic of Texas’ sorts.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2011 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Interesting. It seems this guy isn’t an isolated nutjob.

http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/content?oid=1927430

There’s apparently a handful of folks who think the way he does, and are convinced that they’ve somehow formed the only ‘legitimate’ government in the US.

Signature 

Posted: 28 February 2011 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Yeah, there have been these people around since the country started.  Some of them have even gone so far as to form their own “country” with its own government.  Which still ended up having to pay taxes to the US, of course. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

1 of 3