1 of 1
{/paginate}
Power Balance thingies
Posted: 08 January 2011 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Even though Power Balance bracelets have been mentioned as a side note a few times on other threads, I suppose I’ll go ahead and give them their own dedicated place here starting with this article.

What are Power Balance bands?

A growing number of celebrities are being spotted with a distinctive silicone band on their wrists. While users claim it can help with balance, critics dismiss it as unscientific hocus pocus. So why would anybody wear a Power Balance band?

Andrew Strauss is a victorious cricket captain, having starred in a dazzling Ashes series win.

The cricket fans might talk about diligent batting, calm captaincy and canny field placings. But what about the

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 January 2011 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

*** continued from above ***

Even the

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 January 2011 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

I actually got to see these Power Balance bracelets a few weeks ago.  They were rolling round loose in a box - no “official” packaging or anything.  At a store that sells cheap make-up and costume jewellery…They look as crappy as they sound.  I had a good giggle over them, though!

Oh, and I think the Brits are getting ripped off - I’m sure that they were under $10 (which even with exchange rates is nowhere near

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 09 January 2011 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

You missed your chance, then.  You could have bought some, and then sold them to tourists from the UK for three times as much as you paid!

Signature 

Posted: 11 January 2011 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-08

This is what it looks like when a SCAM admits to wrong doing!

http://www.powerbalance.com/australia/CA

I wonder if folks will have better luck than the Q Ray bracelet people in getting their money back?

BTW Nice job Australia. That

Posted: 22 January 2011 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

They’re doing well for themselves.. they’ve apparently got enough money to buy the naming rights to the local NBA stadium…

http://gawker.com/5733694/company-admits-its-a-scam-promptly-buys-nba-stadium-naming-rights

*sobs*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 24 March 2011 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

Results of university study here

Looks like they’ve been proven to be ineffective.

I won’t quote it because of possible copyright reasons. Although I might email them to ask about that.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 22 November 2011 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-08

Power Balance forced into bankruptcy:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/11913296/power-balance-forced-into-bankruptcy/

But, lo and behold they are still trying to make a buck with their new product!

http://www.powerbalance.com/mouthgear/how-it-works/

Can’t say they don’t try!

Posted: 22 November 2011 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

With any luck, this will fail in spectacular fashion.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}