Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

Link here.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 28 October 2010 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21
Peter - 28 October 2010 02:51 AM

Link here.

Well it’s a start; maybe he’ll eventually earn a Darwin Award & demonstrate that the filter on the gene pool is working.

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”

Posted: 28 October 2010 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

How bored do you have to be to tase yourself? rolleyes

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 28 October 2010 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Madmouse - 28 October 2010 11:40 PM

*puts Madmouse into a sensory-deprivation tank, hands her a taser, and waits to see*

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 October 2010 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5530
Joined  2007-03-14

Some kids have no imagination.  Sticking your finger in a socket does a much better job and it’s available almost anywhere.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 29 October 2010 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-21
Madmouse - 28 October 2010 11:40 PM

Well, it may not be boredom, it could be scientific investigation ( or an attempt to get super powers like Electro or Lightning Lad).

I DID find some personal tasers that are disguised as cell phones & am planning to purchase one ( what can I say, I’m a sucker for gadgets… I found a neat collapsing grappling hook at the same website, and pepperspray disguised as a tube of lipstick…  they’ll all go great with my nightvision monocular).

But when I get it I’ll have to check to see if it delivers enough of a jolt to be any use… be kinda embarassing if I have to use it on someone and only then find out it’s just a little stronger than what you’d get from someone walking on a thick shag rug & touching you with their finger.

I’m thinking

a) use it on myself so I’ll know what to expect

b) don’t record the test on video

c) have a close friend ( who’s a trained EMT ) standing by

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

Posted: 29 October 2010 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2008-11-18

You could be all like: “DO tase me, bro!”

Posted: 29 October 2010 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2006-01-23

This might be my teenage guy side talking, but I have always wanted to know what getting tased felt like haha.

Signature 

conteskimo.blogspot.com

Posted: 29 October 2010 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

In many jobs where there’s a good chance you’ll have to use a taser on people, before you’re allowed to use one you get one used on you.  That way you know first-hand what it feels like, and also what effects it has.

It’s best not to do it to yourself, though, seeing as how electric shock causes your muscles to spasm and hands to clench; you could end up involuntarily continuously holding down the taser’s firing button and zapping yourself.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 29 October 2010 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-21
Accipiter - 29 October 2010 02:34 PM

It’s best not to do it to yourself, though, seeing as how electric shock causes your muscles to spasm and hands to clench; you could end up involuntarily continuously holding down the taser’s firing button and zapping yourself.

Yes, that had occured to me as well; I’d have to see if I could convince my friend to use it on me.  I should get a charge out of it.

Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2010 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Are you willing to take volunteers who can use a taser on you?  cheese

Signature 

Posted: 29 October 2010 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-21
Accipiter - 29 October 2010 07:07 PM

Are you willing to take volunteers who can use a taser on you?  cheese

Volunteers???

Hmmmm I think one would be sufficient..

Signature 

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}

‹‹ BBC Videos.....      Star Trek fans rejoice.. ››