{/paginate}
The Happy Denmark Hoax
Posted: 01 March 2011 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
handsomeguy123 - 23 September 2010 06:37 PM

I am surprised that a few of you in here are cursed with the horrible “Danish Mentality”.

Seeing as how so far your evidence shows the Danes to be prosperous, motivated, intelligent, and reasonably content, that’s not much of a curse.

The typical “oh damn, this guy has a point, and he says something we don’t like, uhm let’s see, what are we going to do, oh i know, let’s all deny the facts so the focus vanish from ourself, and point fingers instead of analysing the criticism. Yeah, that will work”. It is a very primitive mentality. Almost on caveman level.

So, when we consider that you’ve totally misrepresented information, ignored the facts presented in the same information when they were facts you didn’t like, totally made up stuff, and pointed fingers at the Danes and at Oprah Winfrey and at Prof. White and his colleagues and at most of the people here. . .hmmm, interesting. . .

More about danish mentality here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tinUj61k-Vk

I doubt that most or at least some of the responses here are from non-danish people, as the responses are very typical danish. I live in the states and i am yet to experience this kind of behaviour anywhere but Denmark.

A link that doesn’t work anymore.  That’s not much use.  Even without the link, though, we can see that you’re simply assuming stuff and making stuff up again to support your agenda.

Regarding the free healthcare, it is not free in that matter, as it is paid through taxes. True that you have to pay for hospital treatments most places, but you also pay a lower tax to help you finance it, the tax in Denmark is around the highest in Europe, if not the highest.

I don’t know of anybody who ever claimed that nobody had to pay in some way for the Danish health system.  Yep, some of the tax rates in Denmark can be some of the highest, though it can vary greatly according to your circumstances.  But that doesn’t automatically make the Danes unhappy.  If they were still prosperous enough that they had plenty left over after the taxes, and if the taxes seemed to be put to good use, then that would be a good indicator that Denmark does have plenty of potential for happiness.  And while you’ve managed to find some articles that show that the Danish health care system can be improved (as can every other one on the planet), you’ve yet to show that the tax levels are a crushing burden (either in actuality, or in impression to the Danes) or that the tax money isn’t being put to good use.

Of course, there are a major downside of free healthcare. Compensation is rarely given, and in most cases the amount of money won in such cases as bad hospital treatments are very limited.

This is a great example:

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article/33781362/?rss

This article, translated to english, basically explains that a case with a hospital treatment in Denmark which resulted in death, has been active for 5 years, but the family to the now dead person, are yet to receive a decision from the complaints board. Since the case is now 5 years old, it has been closed, and the family must live with the doctors and staff members having killed their family member on Gentofte Hospital, Denmark. There is no compensation, no decision, and the case is closed.

Of course this is frustrating for the family, which is understandable, but they were told that the only thing to do was to “complain that the complain-system in Denmark doesn’t work”. Which is yet another fine example on danish mentality - if you don’t like our behaviour and the bad way that we treat you and everyone else - go complain somewhere else, we don’t care. This, and Janteloven ( The Law of Jante ) is what Danish Mentality consists of.

So, you provide one single instance where a case that may or may not even have been shown to require compensation ended up exceeding some statute of limitations.  Based on that, you decide that

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
handsomeguy123 - 05 November 2010 03:25 AM

Well, here you have it.

http://www.cancer.dk/Forskning/nyheder/forskningsnyheder+2007/ventelister+patient+doer.htm

Taken from the headline of the article.

Kr

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
handsomeguy123 - 05 November 2010 10:00 AM

Right, let me be very clear and give you the facts that you are asking for. People around the world who believes that the healthcare in Denmark is great are mistaken. The healthcare in Denmark is ranked 34th. There is a major gap between being number one and being number thirty-four. Hopefully we agree here.

Can’t say that I do, seeing as how you’re fumbling around with the statistics yet again.  First of all, there is no certain

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

The quality of the treatments, the service, the circumstances, and so on. The fact is, that 7 out of 10 hospitals in the capital area of Denmark does not meet the standard requirements of hygiene and cleaning. Here is the article that revealed some relevant facts about your “World Class Danish Healthcare System” Taken straight from the article, directly translated into English.

Over 75 percent of the rooms in the metropolitan region’s hospitals in Denmark are so dirty and dusty, they simply do not meet normal standards of cleanliness.
It shows a new report from the Danish Cleaning Services, as the Capital Region has ordered.

Seven out of ten rooms at the Capital hospitals in Denmark did not meet the region’s standards of cleanliness and hygiene, according to a survey.

Intensive rooms with dead flies and cobwebs, patient toilets with sponge and operating rooms with dirt and rust is reality at Copenhagen hospitals, Denmark.

Again, nobody (other than you) has said that a health care system has to be utterly absolutely perfect in all regards for the people to be happy.

Also, note that the article doesn’t say that the hospitals were unclean to the point of being any sort of a hazard.  Just that they weren’t as clean as the inspectors want them to be.  Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the Danes hold their hospitals to a really high standard, and that these hospitals might have been perfectly fine in most other health care systems?

Let’s not forget that there always is a risk or a chance of malpractice being done in each treatment. Would a proper healthcare system take care of each citizens falling victim for malpractice? That is what i personally believe to be a yes. However, this is far from the case in Denmark. Here is a link to an article about how often malpractice occurs, and how often a case is brought to court in Denmark and compensation is given.

Doctors’ unions may well have an interest in getting it to sound as if the penalty for careless doctor is very strict, but in reality it is in Denmark largely with impunity to commit medical carelessness.

Patient Complaints Board finds that every year some hundreds of health professionals who have violated physician Act

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

With that said, there are a few possibilities to consider. One has the possibility to ask for compensation. Here is an example of a [url=http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-33781362:patientklagen

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
handsomeguy123 - 25 February 2011 08:43 AM

I was replying to whether the healthcare in Denmark is optimally working.

And who ever said that it had to be optimally working?  You’re the only one here who seems to believe that only an absolutely perfect health care system can make people happy, and that anything less than utter perfection must mean that everybody is a miserable depressed husk of humanity.

We still see more and more cancer patients in Denmark that aren’t taken care of. This is mainly because of the long waiting lines in the danish healthcare system that basically leaves people dying on the waiting list.

Too bad that the links you provided to try to prove that don’t prove that.

In fact, Denmark is the worlds cancer capital. No other country has as many cancer patients pr. 100,000 citizens. This time, i will be linking to articles in English, so you guys can read the truth as well, written black on white.

So then what’s your excuse for not reading it?  After all, if you had read it then it would have been difficult to miss the part where it states that in large part this high rate of cancer cases is actually due to the Danish doctors being so much better than those in most other countries at detecting cancer.  How exactly does that fit in with your

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

My point above is that people who are healthy are much more likely to live a happy and satisfied life. Drowning your body in alcohol/tobacco in the middle of the worlds cancer capital, while hardly getting any exercise, just like all the other citizens of Denmark can’t possibly be the correct recipe for happiness, and should by no means be used as a role model for happiness.

And your point is total nonsense, because it’s all based on rubbish.

And this is just the beginning. One factor i believe plays a major role in terms of happiness, is your well-being. One thing that is known to dramatically decrease a persons well being is terms such as mental illnesses. The fact is, that Denmark is the country in the world where most citizens have to leave the labor market because of mental illnesses. 50% of the citizens of Denmark on the labor market are mentally ill and suffering from mental illnesses. That is the direct opposite of being happy.  In summary, Denmark is the main capital for mentally ill citizens who are forced to leave the labor market because of mental illnesses. The Danes are not happy - they are mentally ill and worn out, as it can clearly be seen in the article above..

Here is an actual source of that information from the OECD.  As it says,

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
handsomeguy123 - 27 February 2011 05:46 AM

I understand the lack of responses. It must be extremely embarrassing and humiliating as well, to proclaim yourself as a professional researcher merely to be taken with your pants down in your own lie.

Some people actually take the time to do research.  Perhaps you should try it some time, too?

Also, check out all the angry, ahem sorry, “Happy” Danes, in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKdb15-6T4&feature=related

This guy is wondering why Denmark is claimed a happy country when the citizens are angry. Just like i am wondering why an undocumented research could possibly lead to the odd conclusion that Denmark is a happy country. Just like i wonder the “researchers” forgot to mention that 50% of the people on the labor market in Denmark are mentally ill. See my post above. Here are some of the comments on the video that i am going to allow myself to copy/paste into this debate. Because the “Happy” Danes are very vulgar and hostile, i have decided to minimize the text, just to protect sensitive viewers.

These are just a few comments out of a couple of hundreds. Note. the last one is written in Danish, but i encourage anyone to use Google-Translator ( Danish/English ) to translate the text in his comment. It seems to be completely normal for danish people to insult everyone/everything in numbers while proclaiming to be the happiest people on earth.

Ummmm. . .are you seriously using anonymous YouTube comments as a measure of national happiness?  Are you really that far out of it?  Heck, let’s completely put aside the whole matter of the general nature of YouTube comments and just look at this

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
handsomeguy123 - 27 February 2011 06:33 AM

I am being 100% serious here.

I weep for you, then.

I am still wondering why the Danes are claiming to be a happy people

You do remember that it was a British guy who came up with that ranking, right?

while being extremely hostile/insulting to everyone including their own surroundings.

Strange how you went from saying that they were all just impassive and noncommunicative to saying that they’re actively hostile and insulting.  It’s just as though you’re simply making up all of these characteristics!

And the four comments that i posted above are by no means meant to be random, there are at least a good amount of 100-200 comments that are exactly the same. In fact there are a total of 1.236 comments and the majority of them are written by angry and hostile Danes. Take a look through the comments section in the video that i linked to earlier, if you are in doubt.

And you know that they are all Danes how, exactly?  You tracked each one down and checked?

What i am concerned about, is that some people are so far out that they honestly believe in Denmark being a happy country. And i am by no means joking here, there actually are people who are so far out that they believe that Denmark is the happiest place on earth. Despite all evidence pointing in the opposite direction (!) and the article i linked to earlier proving that 50% of the danish citizens on the labor market being mentally ill were by no means a random claim - the research was done by OECD - a respected worldwide organization that deals with economical surveys,education,healthcare,etc. The survey was published Feb. 14. 2011 and is genuine and valid as well.

Well, the fact that most of the evidence that you presented shows Denmark to be a prosperous place with people being reasonably content and a perfectly good health system might have something to do with why people think that plenty of Danes are happy. . .

handsomeguy123 - 28 February 2011 02:12 AM

It doesn’t surprise me that other people shares the same view. These people shares the same view as well. And here, again.

Wow.  Ten anonymous people on the Internet, and some of them sort of agree with you.  Go you.

The point is, that Forbes, whatever the magazine is called, intentionally asked 60,000 rich and wealthy citizens of Denmark whether they were happy or not, leaving the remaining 5,459,441 million citizens out. The fact is, that it is pure propaganda from Forbes and about as far far fetched as it can be and nowhere near the reality. Ask the average/middle class citizen of Denmark and you will get the exact same answer. As a matter of fact, the average citizens of Denmark are working hard to pay the worlds highest taxes, and what do they get in return? A healthcare system that is falling apart, while 60,000 anonymous Danes are spreading propaganda lies about Denmark being the happiest place on earth. The survey showing that 50% of the citizens of Denmark on the labor market retreating because of mental illness where by no means a random survey. It contradicts what the Forbes Magazine said about Denmark “being happy”, as well as it reveals the actual condition of the majority of citizens in Denmark right now.

Ummmm. . .Forbes had nothing to do with it.  Apparently you’ve simply forgotten all about Prof. White’s study, the one that you started this thread to talk about.  The one that had nothing to do with Forbes.  The one that you never actually read, which is why you’re so totally out of it as far as what the study involved and what it said and how it was done.  Of course, you seem to have a hard enough time figuring out even the things that you do read, so I don’t know if it would really be of any help.

You are forgetting one thing. It is Denmark who claims to be the happiest country in the world - not America.

No.  It was a British professor and some other professors from places other than Denmark.  And you are forgetting that you posted links to videos of America saying that Denmark is the happiest country in the world.

Therefore, the 60,000 Danes have a reputation to live up to.

Those would be the 60,000 Danes that you invented due to misreading and not reading.  Just how do people who only exist in your own mind live up to a reputation?

In the mean time, they are struggling with doing so. And the previous video that i linked to with the angry danes is not the only one. Take a search for “Happy Denmark” on YouTube, and you will see that it is quite normal for them to behave this way.

Anyway guys, to end this debate on a positive note, thank you for taking your time to participate.

Yay, YouTube comments. . .

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
handsomeguy123 - 01 March 2011 02:09 AM
Madmouse - 01 March 2011 12:36 AM

That link is a tiny and uninformative news article. I found the document referenced (here) and it does not say what you claim it does.

That’s pathetic. Now you sank to a level where you are willing to lie. The document you linked to is not connected with the news article. The news article is a new updated survey pr. 2011 and can be seen right here. This is the direct quote from the news article.

A direct quote from a news article which vaguely quotes from the OECD, which is where the link Madmouse supplied comes from. . .

14. feb. 2011 14.06
Denmark is the country in the world where most citizens have to leave the labor market because of mental illnesses.
This discouraging fact is evident from a new comprehensive OECD-report, writes Berlingske.
The report reveals that when four Danes were approved for incapacity benefits or a flex job in 1995, the reason was mental illness in one out of four cases. Today every other person has a mental illness.

Yeah, I’m sure that that four-sentence little blurb perfectly encapsulates the OECD’s findings.  Aside from not doing so, that is.

This makes Denmark the global front-runner of an international trend where more and more workers find themselves bedbound due to mental illness.

Every other person, that’s 50%. And no, this news article is very informative. It shows exactly how the situation is in Denmark and how the citizens feel. You have the clear evidence available right in front of you, how much longer are you going to deny it? The only people who believes that Denmark is the “happiest” place on earth is a small minority of 60,000 cowardly anonymous Danes, who might not even exist at all. Ask the average citizen of Denmark and you will get a completely different answer. By the way, given the fact that you are a grown man, and the administrator of this website as well, don’t you think it is a bit childish to deny factual evidence that is available to anyone with an online connection?

And you continue to ignore all facts and insist on your own fantasies and misreadings.

handsomeguy123 - 01 March 2011 02:23 AM
LaMa - 28 February 2011 11:38 PM
handsomeguy123 - 28 February 2011 02:12 AM

A healthcare system that is falling apart

Nothing in the WHO report we discussed indicates the Danish Healthcare system is falling apart. On the contrary. You just pull that out of your ass. See my post a few posts up.

There is no reason for you to get angry and vulgar, unless you are from Denmark.

So you’re a Dane, then?

handsomeguy123 - 23 September 2010 06:37 PM

I am surprised that a few of you in here are cursed with the horrible “Danish Mentality”.

The typical “oh damn, this guy has a point, and he says something we don’t like, uhm let’s see, what are we going to do, oh i know, let’s all deny the facts so the focus vanish from ourself, and point fingers instead of analysing the criticism. Yeah, that will work”. It is a very primitive mentality. Almost on caveman level.

handsomeguy123 - 05 November 2010 10:00 AM

Great healthcare system my ass ! !

handsomeguy123 - 05 November 2010 10:02 AM

. . .because you know just as well as me and a whole lot of danish citizens that it is the purest bullshit and nowhere near the truth.

handsomeguy123 - 27 February 2011 05:46 AM

I understand the lack of responses. It must be extremely embarrassing and humiliating as well, to proclaim yourself as a professional researcher merely to be taken with your pants down in your own lie.

handsomeguy123 - 01 March 2011 02:09 AM

That’s pathetic. Now you sank to a level where you are willing to lie. . . .By the way, given the fact that you are a grown man, and the administrator of this website as well, don’t you think it is a bit childish to deny factual evidence that is available to anyone with an online connection?

Or is this just another case of that miraculous double-standard that you seem to employ?

If you had actually bothered reading this thread, you would know that their healthcare system have gotten worse since the WHO report. Look at the previous posts about how many citizens in Denmark that actually dies on the waiting lines while waiting for a vital treatment, e.g cancer. Do you honestly think that these people are happy? The reality is far different from your “Happy Denmark” delusional world where everyone is smiling and planting flowers. The reality is that a majority of the citizens of Denmark are mentally ill, the healthcare system is falling apart as people are being denied vital treatments. There isn’t anything superior or extraordinary about Denmark, I’m afraid. I am sorry to disappoint you, but this is the definitive proof that Denmark is not the happiest place on earth.

Perhaps you ought to try reading things on occasion?

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2011 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

And again, just for handy reference, here are a few useful links:

To an overview of Prof. White’s study on Subjective Well-Being:  http://data360.org/pdf/20071219073602.A Global Projection of Subjective Well-being.pdf

To the Happy Planet Index, which involves some of the same work:  http://www.happyplanetindex.org/public-data/files/happy-planet-index-2-0.pdf

To a brief description of the Danish medical system, including patient satisfaction rates:  http://www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/Denmark.pdf

Signature 

{paginate}
7 of 10
{/paginate}