{/paginate}
The Happy Denmark Hoax
Posted: 22 September 2010 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-09-19
Peter - 22 September 2010 03:15 PM
handsomeguy123 - 22 September 2010 03:04 PM

Well the only reason why they are happy is in that picture is because they are drunk, that is how people are in Denmark. I suggest that you got up from your chair and took a visit in Denmark, it is mostly a cold, dark and grey country - and you rarely see a smile. Just take a walk down the streets of Copenhagen, you will see nothing but stone-faces, alcoholics and homeless people sitting around. The only people smiling in Denmark are the foreigners. Which is ironic since they aren’t danish at all.

Oprah has this to do with all this: she is obviously a big name in the media, and to make sure that all these danish people who needed attention because their country is boring, obviously they hired her to do commercial for Denmark. Surely you must have seen the videos on YouTube with Oprah Winfrey doing commercial for Denmark. I wonder how much they paid her for it?

Another article claims that people in Denmark dies on the waiting lists for hospital treatments, but in these fake “Happy Denmark” videos, they claim that the reason why some people in Denmark are happy, is because of the free healthcare. Meanwhile, who are happy when they die on a waiting list? If that is being happy, then hell the people in Denmark have a weird way of being happy.

http://www.cancer.dk/Forskning/nyheder/forskningsnyheder+2007/ventelister+patient+doer.htm

People actually leaves Denmark to get better treatments, some seeks help in China, USA & Germany. There are people who leaves Denmark and moves to Norway & Sweden instead, granted the hospitals and schools are terrible in Denmark.

a smile, heck they do not even smile back. The only time that you can communicate with danish people, is when they are drunk. There are several bars in copenhagen, however it is quite difficult to understand what these drunk people are saying, especially if you add the fact that their knowledge on the english language is very limited.

I just had a look at that link and after I clicked on the English version I couldn’t find any mention on that page as to the implied “hideous state of healthcare in Denmark”. Can you provide a link that is more specific (as well as being in English)?

Have you ever been to Denmark? I’ve never been there so I don’t know what it’s like but if you’re going to make these claims then do provide us with some evidence in English.

Taken directly from the top of the article, ( copy pasted )

Kr

Posted: 22 September 2010 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2881
Joined  2005-06-15
handsomeguy123 - 22 September 2010 03:25 PM

Kr

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 22 September 2010 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I studied in Denmark for 4 years, and i did not see a single danish person smile. In fact it was quite difficult to have a conversation with most danish people, as they are very closed minded and difficult to talk to. Even if you give them a smile, heck they do not even smile back again. They mostly stress through the cold, grey streets of Copenhagen. The only time where you can actually communicate with them, is when they are drunk. However, it is quite difficult to understand what these drunk people are saying, given the fact that their knowledge and insight in the english language is very limited, as well as their ability to speak english is greatly reduced during their massive alcohol consumption.

Strange, considering that during all the time I spent in Denmark the people were pretty much the exact opposite.  Perhaps the Danes just don’t like you, personally.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 September 2010 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
Accipiter - 22 September 2010 03:45 PM

I studied in Denmark for 4 years, and i did not see a single danish person smile. In fact it was quite difficult to have a conversation with most danish people, as they are very closed minded and difficult to talk to. Even if you give them a smile, heck they do not even smile back again. They mostly stress through the cold, grey streets of Copenhagen. The only time where you can actually communicate with them, is when they are drunk. However, it is quite difficult to understand what these drunk people are saying, given the fact that their knowledge and insight in the english language is very limited, as well as their ability to speak english is greatly reduced during their massive alcohol consumption.

Strange, considering that during all the time I spent in Denmark it was pretty much the exact opposite.  Perhaps the Danes just don’t like you, personally.  wink

Were their first names Taylor?

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 22 September 2010 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

This sounds to me like you have a problem communicating, which you mistake for dealing with unhappy people.

It is also counter to my personal experience with Danish people.

It might also be a matter of how you address Danish people. If you do that with the same mindset as you do in this post, no wonder they turn their back on you.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 22 September 2010 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

Kr

Signature 

———
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 22 September 2010 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

Strange, considering that during all the time I spent in Denmark it was pretty much the exact opposite.  Perhaps the Danes just don’t like you, personally.  wink

Same experience as you here, Acci.

I think the Danish don’t like misers and recognize them when they see them.

Signature 

———

Posted: 22 September 2010 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

By the way: I have a strong suspicion that this is just a FUD campaign by some O’Reilly-Beck-Palin minion trying to create another pile of “free healthcare kills people!” crap. The NW-European/Scandinavian healthcare model is a frequent target of that kind of BS.

Signature 

———

Posted: 22 September 2010 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
LaMa - 22 September 2010 05:39 PM

By the way: I have a strong suspicion that this is just a FUD campaign by some O’Reilly-Beck-Palin minion trying to create another pile of “free healthcare kills people!” crap. The NW-European/Scandinavian healthcare model is a frequent target of that kind of BS.

I figured that this was all just a joke.  The guy’s being so outrageously over-the-top and silly, how can it be taken seriously?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 September 2010 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Strange, considering that during all the time I spent in Denmark the people were pretty much the exact opposite.  Perhaps the Danes just don’t like you, personally.  wink

Maybe they don’t smile at him because they are intimidated by how gosh darned handsome he is.  cheese  Good looking people are often the target of jealous intolerance and bigotry after all.  blank stare

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 23 September 2010 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
LaMa - 22 September 2010 05:39 PM

I’ve never understood why people in other countries seem afraid of free healthcare. Is it because of the concern about taxes?

Here in Australia we have what is called “Bulk Billing” with a lot of General Practitioners here so seeing a Doctor normally costs nothing for the appointment. We do pay medical bills but normally it’s only a fraction of what I’ve heard people in other countries have to pay for the same things.

Sure, the fact the Australian Government heavily subsidises the true cost of most of the healthcare we receive would create a cost to society in an economic sense. But I would argue there is a benefit to society in enabling people to live as healthy a life as possible.

I don’t equate that with “Communism”. I equate that with not being as likely to be mugged by somebody while walking around my local streets.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

{paginate}
2 of 10
{/paginate}