(UPDATED) NASA spacecraft ‘hijacked by aliens’
Posted: 13 May 2010 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

A GERMAN UFO expert has claimed that a NASA spacecraft may have been hijacked by aliens - who are now attempting to contact Earth.

Hartwig Hausdorf claims that Voyager 2 - an unmanned interplanetary probe blasted into space 33 years ago - has started transmitting strange, unintelligible signals, Bild newspaper revealed today

NASA installed a 12-inch disk containing music and greetings in 55 languages in case intelligent extraterrestrial life ever found it.

But last month the probe began sending back distorted messages from its location near the edge of the solar system that baffled NASA scientists were unable to decode, Mr Hausdorf says.

“It seems almost as if someone had reprogrammed or hijacked the probe, thus perhaps we do not yet know the whole truth,” the author of UFOs - They Are Still Flying told Bild.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The signal from Voyager 2 - which takes 13 hours to reach the Earth - broke off fully on April 22.

NASA said engineers were working to solve a data transmission fault.

The space agency has not commented specifically on Mr Hausdorf’s comments, although it says the fault is likely to be a glitch in the probe’s computer memory

Voyager 2 and its twin, Voyager 1, were launched in 1977 to explore Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Three decades on, they are the most distant human-made objects in outer space.

Voyager 1 is currently more than 8.5 billion miles from Earth. It will soon travel beyond the heliosphere - a bubble the sun creates around the solar system - into interstellar space, scientists say.

Source

UPDATE BELOW

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 13 May 2010 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

*...makes notes in Takeover Folder…*

So, reprogramming of probe confirmed. smirk

Time to move on to stage four… hmmm

*...Places note in vacuum tube and puts away Takeover Folder…* cool grin

*...Whoosh!...*

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 14 May 2010 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-09-11

Even though NASA craft are built to military specs, show me a computer that woudn’t develop a hiccup or two in 33 years.
It’s a miracle that it has worked for as long as it has.

Signature 

This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!”

Some people are like slinkies: They don’t really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posted: 19 May 2010 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

UPDATE:

NASA Identifies Glitch Fouling Voyager 2 Communications (Hint: It Wasn’t Aliens)

On closer inspection, it seems that the Romulans haven’t hijacked Voyager 2 after all. NASA has identified the problem that caused the space probe—which is currently coasting somewhere 8 to 10 billion miles from Earth—to start returning distorted patterns of data last month. Evidently a single memory bit in the memory of an onboard computer flipped from a zero to a one, a problem the space agency intends to fix tomorrow.

The strange, jumbled science data that began coming back from Voyager 2 on April 22 temporarily stumped mission managers, leading to a wave of speculation as to what could be happening to the probe, which along with its counterpart Voyager 1 is the most distant human made object in space. Among the more popular theories: Voyager 2 was hijacked by aliens, who in turn were using the spacecraft to try to contact Earth.

At the time the problem surfaced, mission handlers switched the probe into a mode that only transmits vehicle health data, so scientists have lost several weeks’ worth of date in the interim. But when NASA flips the bit back tomorrow, the science data should begin streaming once again.

The Voyager probes were launched about two weeks apart in 1977. Voyager 2 was initially supposed to make a four-year sojourn to Saturn, but 33 years later it is still beaming back data from the far reaches of the solar system. Data, but no alien transmissions, at least not yet. But just in case it does run into someone out there, Voyager 2 carries a disk with greetings in more than 50 languages.

Source

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 19 May 2010 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Ha!  That’s just what the government wants us to think the problem is!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 27 September 2010 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21
Unfairly Balanced - 13 May 2010 11:53 AM

A GERMAN UFO expert has claimed that a NASA spacecraft may have been hijacked by aliens - who are now attempting to contact Earth.

So how exactly does one become a “UFO” expert?  Anyone that can see something in the sky & not be able to identify it?

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”