{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth… his ghost in a jar, another one on ebay
Posted: 05 May 2010 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-05

Another hoax on ebay!  This time, its Macbeth, from shakespeares play!

A definite hoax.  Some people get off on this, sad, but funny.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300424529781&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Posted: 05 May 2010 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah, EBay’s gonna pull that for a WIDE number of reasons…

For one, they don’t allow selling of souls, spirits, or any other ‘body parts’.

For two, there’s absolutely no way the buyer could confirm that they have received what was promised, nor the seller confirm delivery of anything but a jar. Certificate of authenticity? Authenticated by *who*?

For three… Fictional characters are not known to leave behind ghosts. There’s a few that should have died long, long ago, but that’s closer to being a zombie or lich, not a ghost.

I give it a D-Minus.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 05 May 2010 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 05 May 2010 07:16 AM

For three… Fictional characters are not known to leave behind ghosts.

Although Macbeth wasn’t fictional.  His life was highly fictionalised by Shakespeare, but he was a real person.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 05 May 2010 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Accipiter - 05 May 2010 07:11 PM
Robin Bobcat - 05 May 2010 07:16 AM

For three… Fictional characters are not known to leave behind ghosts.

Although Macbeth wasn’t fictional.  His life was highly fictionalised by Shakespear, but he was a real person.

Mostly
fictional characters, then.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 25 April 2011 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-04-22

This is funny stuff. I wonder if anyone was actually naive enough to fall for it. My favorite Ebay auction that I seen was when someone was selling Egyptian dictator Hosni Mubarak. When I seen the add, there were already 5 bids, and it was at 4 bucks. I couldn’t stop laughing when I seen that.
Does anyone know anything about the milo academy? I would apreciate any information you can give me. Thanks.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}