Spear Of Destiny
Posted: 20 April 2010 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27
raincan007 - 18 April 2010 01:16 AM

Try the Library…

(The Librarian: Quest For The Spear, awesome movie)

Hallmark awesome that is…

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 09 October 2010 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21
sensibleken - 16 April 2010 10:26 AM

all the same its got some great accumulated history, passing from charlemagne all the way up to hitler

Well, maybe some great accumulated mythology…

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”

Posted: 18 November 2010 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-11-11

if there is no proof that Christ lived I hope you arent holding your breath that anyone will ever find the spear

Lee

Posted: 27 May 2011 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-05-17

I agree with Lee that there is very little historical evidence of the life of Jesus, but there is some including the Osuary of the bones of James who was possibly his brother.  The Roman Church spent much time and money to eradicate evidence of the Jesus that did not conform to the New Testament ideal of him and found time to insert “invasive texts”, concerning his existence in the works of Josephus that did conform to their ideal.
    As far as the Spear goes, Adolf Hitler had it in his possession until the Allied Forces captured it at Nuremburg perhaps coincidentally the day Hitler shot himself.  The spear in question reportedly once belonged to Charlemagne and resides in the Hofburg Museum in Vienna to this very day.

{paginate}
3 of 3
{/paginate}