Chinese Grandmother Grows ‘Horns’
Posted: 10 March 2010 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

Centenarian Zhang Ruifang, of Linlou Village in China’s Henan Province, first started developing the strange growth in 2009, when a patch of rough skin appeared on the left side of her forehead.

Her youngest son, 60-year-old Zhang Guozheng, said that when the growth first appeared they ‘didn’t pay too much attention to it’.

‘But as time went on a horn grew out of her head and it is now 6cm long,’ he said.

The growth is thought to be a ‘cutaneous horn’ - a tumour composed of keratin, the same substance that makes up fingernails, which most commonly occur in elderly people. Normally cutaneous horns are very small, several larger ones, which can stretch several inches, have been recorded in the past.

The condition has left her family worried - especially now it seems that she is developing a second horn on the right side of her forehead to match the first.

Photo at the link.

big surprise

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 10 March 2010 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

okay, I knew about these but hers is really…............................alarming!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 March 2010 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

Hmmmm. hmmm

One wonders if there is a piece of vellum somewhere with her signature on it.
In blood. gulp

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 12 March 2010 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2009-12-31

i read about this on another site and it said she was 104 years old.
Its an interesting article anyways.

Signature 

Cryptids On Land Are Easier To Hunt Than Those In Sea And Air.

Posted: 12 March 2010 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

...Am I the only one who wants to scream, “PHOTOSHOP!!”  ?

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 24 June 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

Scary.

Even worse?  The Tree Man gulp

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 24 June 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

http://www.cdc.gov/hpv/

Human Papillomavirus (HPV)

Human papillomavirus (pap-ah-LO-mah-VYE-rus) (HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted virus in the United States. At least 50% of sexually active people will have genital HPV at some time in their lives.

But that would not be the same as the horns I don’t think, but there are quite a few cases of cutaneous horns:
16 Most Horrific Human Growths of All Time

More common are growths that seem to afflict the elderly more than young folks; skin plaques form:  actinic keratosis in the elderly -
http://www.manfredkaiser.com/book/solar_keratosis.html

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 June 2012 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-06-25

To the administrators:
Why my two replies of yesterday have disappeared?
Deleted? Server errors?
This morning I needed to create a new account to log in, though I was informed via email that in the subscribed thread new message were arrived.
Thank you!
Dr. Stefano Marcelli MD
Italy

Posted: 25 June 2012 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Dr.Marcelli, I’m not an administrator or moderator here, but usually, if someone puts their domain or article as a reply or as a thread, it is viewed as ‘advertising’ so marked as spam, deleted and the new member’s account is also deleted.  Most of us have blogs, domains of our own etc. but we don’t open threads with these and we don’t have them in replies to thread.  We do often put them in the ‘signatures’ so there are links to those pages automatically as part of our replies.  Mine will show when I post this reply but it’s down where my signature is and just a link at ‘GROK’ (which is NOT the name of my domain presence, just a clickable link).

When you first posted it seemed (but may not have been your intention), that you were promoting your pages and your work which may have been reported or seen, again, as advertising. 

See Forum Rules:  http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forums/viewannounce/4729_8/  I believe it’s number 4.

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2012-04-19

I’ve heard of a few of the conditions described in the links before, but some of the examples really are startling aren’t they? It is encouraging when even people severely debilatated by their conditions are able to attempt to get on with their lives though. I’m happy that Dede, the Indonesian man with the tree-like growths, is apparently doing well for example.