Sea Shepherd: “dead in water” Footage shows a wake…
Posted: 06 January 2010 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-08-19

Hi, this probably not really a Hoax Museum item, but having read this

Sea Shepherd “The vessel was dead in the water. It was completely and absolutely a wilful act,”

and then looked at this (with the sound off) http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201001/r495041_2586202.asx
it seemed to me that the good folks of Sea Shepherd rammed their very publicity aware vessel into the other ships side. That’s based on the amount of white water at the stern.

PS that boat must have been rubbish anyway, it returned to Hobart 3 (or was it 4) times due to “big waves”.

Posted: 06 January 2010 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

I understand that these folks truly believe that whale hunting is a terrible thing.  Their actions, however, are WAY beyond a protest.  They continually risk other people’s lives in their little “actions”.  They should be arrested and charged with attempted vehicular homicide. (or, at the very least, assault…)

I say, arm the fisherman and allow them to SHOOT anyone that comes within 100 yards of their boats.  And post a bounty on these Eco-Pirates… mad

(There are BETTER ways to stop this kind of thing than eco-terrorism.)

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 06 January 2010 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I have no sympathy for people who value the lives of animals over other humans.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 06 January 2010 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

“Damn the torpedoes”

And maybe this may make a nice replacement.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 06 January 2010 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3807
Joined  2008-09-08

Maybe it’s because I did watch it with the sound off (I’m at work) but… why are they antagonising the smaller boat?  Seriously?  If you don’t want trouble with activists, ignore them.  It looked to me like the smaller craft wasn’t moving until everyone on it had been drenched by who ever was on the larger vessel.  And really, at sea, that’s just a crappy thing to do.

I withhold judgment until I have more information.

Posted: 06 January 2010 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Here is a video from another angle of the Japanese attack.
You can see the whaler heeling over while making a fast turn to starboard.
And that manouvre makes it a deliberate attack.

The video.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 06 January 2010 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6926
Joined  2005-10-21

I rather like South Park’s take on the whole shebang…

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/1311/

Still, have to wonder, with all the Somali piracy and whatnot, if it might not simply be time to arm oceangoing vessels again. Declare things an ‘act of piracy’, and let ‘er rip.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 January 2010 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

The problem is these Eco-terrorists do things like dangle ropes in the water to try and tangle the props on the other ship, fire noxious “bombs” onto deck, and constantly pull in front of the ships to try and force them to turn out of the way to prevent hitting the smaller craft.  I have very little sympathy for these kinds of nutjobs.  I figure that they went looking for trouble…..... and found it! wink

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.