{/paginate}
Christian side hugging
Posted: 17 December 2009 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2881
Joined  2005-06-15
Robin Bobcat - 17 December 2009 06:37 PM

Hmm.. Alex seems of the opinion it’s Poe’s Law in action.. which honestly doesn’t surprise me.

Still, I’d not be half surprised if there *were* folks out there who held that ‘normal’ hugs are evil, sexual acts.

So that means I got taken in by a hoax or joke. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

I did find that music video though. Do people think this means it’s crossing over from being a joke to actually being preached or whatever?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 18 December 2009 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

I’d support your christian front hugging thing, but i certainly don’t like revealing too much other than my age XD…. Anyway, this is stupid. Who said only Muslims are conservative? I say we make a bigger country just for christians :D

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 19 December 2009 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

Well before he started the WBC, old Fred Phelps tried to picket kissing in public on a college campus (of course, he’s in a league of his own)

I seriously wish that Freud could have analyzed some of these people. The fact that folks can get so paranoid about sexual arousal must say something about their own sexual security.

Personally, I have no problem hugging my girlfriends and I’m fairly certain I’m not being tempted into evil homosexual ways. cheese

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 19 December 2009 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
ZeldaQueen - 19 December 2009 05:13 AM

. . .and I’m fairly certain I’m not being tempted into evil homosexual ways. cheese

*listens to the Internets sighing in disappointment*

Perhaps we could all try standing back-to-back and hugging?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 December 2009 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

Personally, I have no problem hugging my girlfriends and I’m fairly certain I’m not being tempted into evil homosexual ways. cheese

*...gets out camera and prepares for a really good photo shoot…..*

Okay. Tempt away!! cheese

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 19 December 2009 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01
Accipiter - 19 December 2009 06:20 AM

. . .and I’m fairly certain I’m not being tempted into evil homosexual ways. cheese

*listens to the Internets sighing in disappointment*

I never said was wasn’t being tempted into unevil homosexual ways. wink

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 05 July 2010 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2881
Joined  2005-06-15

I can report there is now a Facebook page promoting Christian Side Hugging. They currently have 468 “people” (I could think of another word) following them.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

{paginate}
4 of 4
{/paginate}