{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}
Smething a bit odd here: US Soldier’s Orders Changed After He refused to deploy Because He Says Pres. not A Citizen…
Posted: 10 December 2009 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

News Link

By Alyse Knorr

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A reserve soldier who said he should not have to go to Afghanistan because Barack Obama was never legally eligible to be the president has had his deployment orders revoked, the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reported Wednesday.

U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook will not report to MacDill Air Force Base in Florida for mobilization today as he was ordered, public affairs officer Lt. Col. Maria Quon told the Ledger-Enquirer. She said she could not say why Cook

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 10 December 2009 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3807
Joined  2008-09-08
daveprime - 10 December 2009 03:19 PM

[nutter] Could it be that Barrack Obama doesn’t have a valid U.S. Birth Certificate? [/nutter]  cheese

hmmm

Posted: 10 December 2009 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Personally, I can imagine the brass involved just not wanting to *deal* with crap involved, as well as deciding to keep him on US soil in case there’s an issue. I mean, if the guy doesn’t want to go, they can tell him to go or be jailed, and that just makes a martyr for the Birthers. So they say ‘fine, stay here and muck out the toilets. You’re a reservist, what do we care.’.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 10 December 2009 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

This guy made a commitment to go to war if ordered. Also the military has to be strict. I agree that there is something fishy here

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 10 December 2009 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

It could be that they just decided that they didn’t want a major who was that much of a potential problem in the middle of a war zone.  They have enough problems at the moment to deal with over there without the worry of one of their officers suddenly deciding to refuse orders or something.

So now he’ll probably be posted to the Aleutian Islands instead. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 10 December 2009 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

You know, in this age of media and scrutiny of public figures, if Obama really wasn’t a natural born citizen and somehow got it all past McCain, Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Hilary, and every other rival politician or news person who didn’t like him for this long, he’s at least hardworking and clever enough to run a country (and no, I’m not serious about that, I’m just saying it’s ridiculous).

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 10 December 2009 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

ZeldaQueen is part of the conspiracy!  Get her!!!!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 10 December 2009 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15026
Joined  2006-08-16
Accipiter - 11 December 2009 01:45 AM

It could be that they just decided that they didn’t want a major who was that much of a potential problem in the middle of a war zone.

Or that they didn’t want a major who was that much of a complete idiot in a war zone.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 11 December 2009 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10
Tah - 11 December 2009 04:08 AM
Accipiter - 11 December 2009 01:45 AM

It could be that they just decided that they didn’t want a major who was that much of a potential problem in the middle of a war zone.

Or that they didn’t want a major who was that much of a complete idiot in a war zone.

In light of the recent shootings at the US army base, I presume what Tah says is in part correct and also they didn’t want another Major flipping out.

Posted: 11 December 2009 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

I would think it would be a bad precedent to set to just let him decide to refuse orders.  Then everyone and their lawyer would assume they could do the same thing.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 11 December 2009 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21
N E O - 11 December 2009 03:06 PM

I would think it would be a bad precedent to set to just let him decide to refuse orders.  Then everyone and their lawyer would assume they could do the same thing.

So they change his orders and give him what he wants in the first place?  Odd.

It just struck me as odd that the only case that would have had the standing to force the issue was quietly disarmed and the major sent on his merry way….

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 11 December 2009 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15026
Joined  2006-08-16
daveprime - 11 December 2009 04:03 PM

It just struck me as odd that the only case that would have had the standing to force the issue was quietly disarmed and the major sent on his merry way….

So if you find that odd how would you have handled it? Being on the upper-brass side, not the major’s side?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}