1 of 1
{/paginate}
Half-Life: Full Life Consequences
Posted: 08 November 2009 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16

I don’t play Half-Life.  Never have.  But this video made me chuckle several times and flat out laugh more than once.  And I feel kind of bad about that, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s pretty darned funny.

Here’s a bit of the back story behind it.  Someone by the name of squirrelking wrote some Half-Life fan fiction.  This person (it is hoped) didn’t have English as their first language.  In fact, they may have still been learning English.  The story becomes quite a sensation among the Half-Life community, apparently.  In a mocking, laughing, so-bad-it’s-hilarious kind of way.

So someone recorded a dramatic reading of it.  Someone else took a mod program for Half-Life and made a video to go along with the dramatic reading.

Here’s the video:

Half-Life: Full Life Consequences

And part 2: Half-Life: Full Life Consequences 2: What Had Tobe Done (posted on YouTube by the same person as the first part.)

And part 3: Half-Life: Full Life Consequences 3: What Has Tobe Riped Of (posted on YouTube by someone else.)

If anyone can verify any of the information I’ve given, or even correct any glaring errors in my tale, please do.  As I said, I’m not a Half-Life gamer and am getting this story from another source myself.  Enjoy the videos!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 09 November 2009 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

HalfLife is known for being unusual in games in that it is very much in media res. While the first one has a beginning, with Gordan Freeman, humble scientist, it’s very clear that there are things going on that one can only speculate wildly upon. The second one took it even further, dropping your character off seventeen years later, into the middle of a dystopian future that arose from the events at Black Mesa. While some things are explained later, there are crucial elements that are tantalizingly left vague. The villian even monologues.. but no answers are given, just gloating and threats..

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 09 November 2009 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Oh, and you should *totally* play HalfLife. I think I’ve got a Gift copy of Halflife 2, if you want, and HL1: Source (original game, updated physics and graphics engine) is pretty cheap.

Personally, I’m hoping the Black Mesa Project gets finished: HL1, with fully updated graphics, characters, etc.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}