1 of 1
{/paginate}
Peanut Butter Kiss truth revealed!!!!
Posted: 06 March 2006 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

MONTREAL, Quebec (AP)—A teenager with a peanut allergy did not die from kissing her boyfriend following his peanut-butter snack, but from a lack of oxygen to her brain, a Quebec coroner said Monday

Read more…... http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/03/06/peanut.kiss.ap/index.html

Posted: 06 March 2006 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

I knew something was up with that…...

Posted: 06 March 2006 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

Agreed.  It never sounded very believable in the first place.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 07 March 2006 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Why didn’t it sound believable? I once had a girlfriend with a nut allergy, I ate a cornetto (Ice cream cone with nuts on top) then kissed her and her lips swelled up like two sausages, and she was quite ill. (Not severely though, luckily) Needless to say it put a dampner on the afternoon!

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 07 March 2006 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
X - 06 March 2006 07:46 PM

MONTREAL, Quebec (AP)—A teenager with a peanut allergy did not die from kissing her boyfriend following his peanut-butter snack, but from a lack of oxygen to her brain, a Quebec coroner said Monday

Read more…... http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/03/06/peanut.kiss.ap/index.html

Ok, help me out here.

I get a severe allergic reaction when I’m around cats and my throat closes up and I can’t breathe.  Not breathing is an allergic reaction.  Wouldn’t not breathing lead to, oh… say…  lack of oxygen to the brain?  Lack of oxygen to the brain could lead to…. death if my high school science isn’t too fuzzy.

So, I guess I’m not following the logic here, unless the official report was meant to legally protect the boyfriend from some sort of manslaughter charge or civil court action.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 07 March 2006 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

Well, apparantly it’s possible she suffered an asthmatic attack, but the hospital isn’t verifying that.  They also state that they did not treat her for an allergic reaction since nobody at the hospital knew she even had any allergies. 

What it boils down to is A) She died from lack of oxygen to the brain, and B) it wasn’t caused by her allergy.  They won’t say what it was caused by, though.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 07 March 2006 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-03-07

Hi - my first message!

ALL deaths are caused by lack of oxygen to the brain. Back in my days as a news reporter, I was friends with the local coroner (medical examiner) and she explained this to me a few times - she was half joking, but she is technically correct. The simple legal definition of death is when the brain stops functioning. It stops functioning when it has no oxygen. The real question is what caused the lack of oxygen to the brain. Sounds to me like this coronor may be playing word games.

Posted: 07 March 2006 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03
Mort - 07 March 2006 09:46 AM

Why didn’t it sound believable?

Mostly, the several hours in between the sandwich and the kiss. Never did sound plausible.

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}