1 of 1
{/paginate}
I didn’t think anyone could write this much about the Apocolypse
Posted: 22 September 2009 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5527
Joined  2007-03-14

Boy, I came across this one today and after the first bit I tried scrolling to the bottom.  I didn’t think anyone could write this much about it.  Of course it’s also totally confusing.  Apparently though I should be cashing in my bonds and heading for the hills.

link here

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 22 September 2009 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2005-06-15

And why does he need at least a dozen video clips on when The End is coming. Couldn’t he just have a single banner saying:

“The end will be on ##/##/####. Just get used to it”

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 23 September 2009 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

After perusing it for the better part of day, it looks to me like a blog page with no limit. gulp

Wow.  According to his calculations the rapture should occur at sundown today, Israel time.  Oh, wait…..... blank stare

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 25 September 2009 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-09-24

Man ,

My head hurts after reading all of that. I think what they left out of the report was that to be called up to the rapture, you must be a member of a very exclusive group that is an absolute minority. You must be a black, gay, policeman, have one finger missing , be Jewish, be at least 1/8 American Indian, ride a skate board with only three wheels and be the of spring of a village idiot and a legal secretary who is a practising Jehovah witness, can crochet a skimpy bikini and can gargle the soviet national anthem.

Signature 

Some men are wise and some are otherwise

Posted: 25 September 2009 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Ok, when Jesus speaks today (OK, I won’t rant on about how His name wasn’t Jesus and nobody in his lifetime ever called him Jesus, and when the other kids came over, they said, “Can Yeshua come out and play?” and never said, “Can Jesus come out and play?”—OK maybe I’ll rant a little) to people here in 2009 in English, why does he say things like “Behold, I have come to give thee a gift?” as if he were living in oh…. say King James time?  (I clicked on the “Take a tour of Hell” link on the site.)  I’m sure Jesus never spoke English in his physical lifetime, but one would think that if he were visiting someone today, he would choose to communicate in the language of the day. 

I would think he would say something like, “Hi.  I’m Yeshua bin Yosef,  you might know me as Jesus Christ, a little nickname I picked up to please the Europeans.  I’ve been following you on Facebook, and I have something I’d like to give you.  I’m thinking we could take a little tour of hell and afterwards you could write a book or something and help me spread the word.  I promise to keep you safe.  Are you game?”

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 25 September 2009 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Bebe… have I mentioned recently how much I love you?
wink

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 25 September 2009 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21
Bebelicious - 25 September 2009 09:00 PM

Ok, when Jesus speaks today (OK, I won’t rant on about how His name wasn’t Jesus and nobody in his lifetime ever called him Jesus, and when the other kids came over, they said, “Can Yeshua come out and play?” and never said, “Can Jesus come out and play?”—OK maybe I’ll rant a little) to people here in 2009 in English, why does he say things like “Behold, I have come to give thee a gift?” as if he were living in oh…. say King James time?  (I clicked on the “Take a tour of Hell” link on the site.)  I’m sure Jesus never spoke English in his physical lifetime, but one would think that if he were visiting someone today, he would choose to communicate in the language of the day. 

I would think he would say something like, “Hi.  I’m Yeshua bin Yosef,  you might know me as Jesus Christ, a little nickname I picked up to please the Europeans.  I’ve been following you on Facebook, and I have something I’d like to give you.  I’m thinking we could take a little tour of hell and afterwards you could write a book or something and help me spread the word.  I promise to keep you safe.  Are you game?”

Wow. Great minds think alike!  The whole conversion to modern English thing has bothered me as well.  Why on Earth would a Personal, Omnicient, All powerful God/Man speak to someone from today’s society in anything other than the standard tongue they are used to hearing at the supermarlet or gas station?  I can understand using the formal form of whichever language the seer speaks, but using a stilted, out of date form of the same just makes no sense.

Good catch, Bebe. grin

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 25 September 2009 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
DavePrime - 25 September 2009 11:12 PM

I can understand using the formal form of whichever language the seer speaks, but using a stilted, out of date form of the same just makes no sense.

Well, it could make some sense.  It’s what a lot of people expect, and it adds a sense of gravitas to the words.  People would be less likely to take seriously somebody who comes up to them and says something like, “‘Sup, bro?  Call me J.C.!”  It’s the whole image thing.

Of course, what would really happen, according to the New Testament, is that Jesus would just speak in one language and everybody would hear it in their own language.  That’s what happened with the apostles.  So I would imagine that it would be a case of the language you’d hear would be the exact form of that language that would get the message across to you the best.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 25 September 2009 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

I did reach the bottom of the first page the other day.  There was a rather large “Next” button…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 26 September 2009 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Smerk - 26 September 2009 03:29 AM

I did reach the bottom of the first page the other day.  There was a rather large “Next” button…

Don’t click it!  You’ll trigger the Apocalypse!!!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 27 September 2009 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2007-06-14

Hmpf, 2009 + 7 is still 2016, is it not?

Posted: 29 September 2009 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-09-24

What the report did not menton was the Mayan calender, according to that , life as we know it stops on 2012 on the 21 December, so think about it not long to go!

Knowing my luck , I will be on the can when it happens and miss out again. When I say again, I was in the can when they were handing out intelligence!!!!!!!

Maybe if I change my name to Howdy Bin Around A Bit, I may have a greater chance. What if the rapture does come and we were all tricked and the only ones to go to heaven are the hare krishnas? I just couldn’t bring myself to shave my head and wear orange, it’s a bit too Timothy Mcveigh. gulp

Signature 

Some men are wise and some are otherwise

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}